Leading independent provider of fundamental models to institutional investors
Canalyst is transforming the way financial professionals access and use fundamental data. Our financial model database allows fund managers and analysts to transform their investment process, enabling them to be nimbler, expand their coverage, and ultimately generate higher-conviction ideas. Clients trust us to provide timely and accurate data along with an unparalleled level of customer service.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial hunter with a record of overachievement, experience with senior buyside professionals, passion for technology and the capital markets, and a well-managed competitive streak. It is imperative that you have both an understanding of the research process at hedge funds and mutual funds, but also that you’re driven to help these firms adapt to the rapidly changing environment that all active managers are facing.
If you’re a thoughtful, high-integrity closer who wants to represent and sell a product that world-class fund managers use and truly love, this could be a great fit.
What you’ll do:
• Prospect: find senior and executive-level buyside contacts (CIO, Analyst, PM, Director of Research)
• Hunt: qualify and close new business opportunities
• Document: help develop sales materials, document best practices, and maintain account records in the company CRM so that we can all learn from your success
• Refine: work very closely with the company’s founders to relay client feedback to continuously improve our product, company, and sales strategy
• Learn: develop and maintain your product and market expertise, and share that knowledge with your teammates
What you’ll need:
• 2 years’ sales or account management experience directly with the buyside
• Domain knowledge: equity research process and tools specifically, and familiarity with the buyside in general
• Ability to navigate a deal: uncover true objections, unlock new spend, and know when & how to close
• Excellent communication skills: you must effectively cultivate & manage relationships with high-profile fund managers and junior analysts alike
• Ability to think creatively, work independently, collaborate heavily across teams, and focus on opportunities for growth
• Desire to work in an extremely fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial start-up environment (and an appreciation for the trade-offs/constraints of working in said environment!)
What you’ll get:
• Very competitive compensation structure – equity, salary, generous & uncapped commission plan, benefits, and three weeks paid vacation
• An opportunity to make a direct impact on the growth and value of an exciting young company in the emerging equity research tech space
• Work from our NYC office, plus regular visits to our head office, located in beautiful Vancouver, Canada
Canalyst at a glance
Canalyst focuses on Financial Services and Finance Technology. Their company has offices in New York City and Vancouver. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Canalyst has raised $26.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.