Making the world happier and healthier through the superpower of Calm
We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place. The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world. Over 75 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 100,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA. Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox). Mission To develop better insights to new and existing user behavior, bringing more meaningful narratives to data we collect. Validate and help strategize new user experiences for existing Calm users through different research initiatives, guided how to move key metrics. Regularly observe new Calm users and their motivations to use our product and become members. Inform Product and Executive teams where best to invest product and design efforts that will impact our users success in adopting Calm into their life, and become paying members. Outcomes
- Develop and distribute an understanding of what the core user archetypes / modes that exist amongst Calm’s customers are and being able to hypothesize and validate how this impacts retention and growth outcomes.
- Build a close relationship with our Data and Community teams. You will be able to leverage knowledge through these partners, and help elevate patterns and problems to product stakeholders.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and synthesize research sessions with existing users as well as potential new users. You will work closely with the product team and provide more insight into potential product experiences while simultaneously scheduling and conducting research independently. Synthesis and developing artifacts (reports, presentations, persona profiles) will be created to help inform product and engineering teams prioritize new features or improvements to existing functionality
- You will derive learnings from large-impact experiments about why they were or weren’t successful. Being bookends on major product initiatives by having a continual communication with users through various channels.
- Work autonomously while being able to balance planned and unplanned work
- A plus, the ability to develop high-level, low-fidelity user experiences when a Product Designer is not directly involved in testing and research initiatives. Competencies
- Highly autonomous by nature, with willingness and eagerness to collaborate.
- Effectively communicate learnings from research initiatives beyond your product partners, upwardly to the executive teams and across the company
- Contribute to and provide feedback on sequencing, cost of investment, and impact of projects.
- Self-Starter and ability to conceptualize a project including the research and considerations needed while prioritizing the work that addresses core areas of improving customer satisfaction and business goals.
- Work hard at working smart. Being able to strategically improve how you work with intention, not just more hours or at a faster pace.
- Comfortable with a variety of research methodologies, and knowing what to implement to being the right insights forward.
- Being able to envision what the future could hold and being energized by those possibilities Benefits
- Competitive salary and equity
- Take what you need PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Fun, energetic work environment, and daily perks - snacks, drinks, catered lunch twice a week
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
- And much more!
100% covered medical, dental & vision insurance
Competitive salary & equity
Downtown sf office
Calm at a glance
Calm focuses on Mobile, Personal Health, Apps, Health and Wellness, and Leisure. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Calm has raised $115.993M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2019 at a valuation of $1B.