Fresh strains and fresh starts! Here's to being rooted, growing and blossoming in 2020
Digital Marketing Analyst
Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva’s brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service.
Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!
The Digital Marketing Analyst will play a vital role in growing sales, average order value, order frequency and ultimately customer lifetime value for our e-commerce, direct-to-consumer business. The right candidate demonstrates the ability to define metric frameworks, prepare data, conduct analyses, synthesize findings, and discuss them with stakeholders daily. You will balance your time performing ad-hoc analysis, while also taking the time to automate and standardize visual dashboards. This individual will grow their career potential by uncovering actionable audience and customer insight that impacts strategy, optimizes execution, and grows our revenue.
What You’ll Do
- Develop analysis and insights to drive customer acquisition, engagement and retention
- Perform comprehensive analysis to develop an in-depth understanding of our digital products, content, and customers.
- Create reports and dashboards by pulling and aggregating e-commerce data to deliver stream of reporting and analytics that support e-commerce objectives.
- Translate data into insights that help stakeholders understand customer needs, behavioral drivers and content performance in a concise and effective manner.
- Interpret marketing and merchandising sales stats into deliverables and recommendations to improve conversion rates and ROI.
- Provide timely marketing activity performance analysis vs. forecasts along with insights on results and recommendations or suggestions to support future decision making.
- Analyze marketing metrics and build data models to successfully develop KPIs in collaboration with marketing, digital and DTC operations teams.
- Build dashboards and self-help reporting for stakeholders.
- Identify and define business problems and issues, and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks.
- Engage with the digital and marketing teams to optimize website funnels, channel performance and customer segmentation.
- Connect the dots between interaction on our digital platforms, marketing efforts and product sales.
- Provide recommendations and analysis on A/B tests.
- Participate in process design to recommend ways to address data gaps.
- Focus on continuous improvement of data lifecycle processes, procedures, standards, and usages.
- Drive positive employee relations and deliver sustainable results through being a positive team member.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
What You Have
- Embrace and demonstrate alignment with Caliva Values – Integrity, Positive Energy, Connectedness, Bias in Action, and Truth Seeking.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering or technical field such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Business Administration.
- 2+ years of experience in data analytics in e-commerce or a DTC startup focused on CLTV
- Mastery of Shopify, Google Analytics, Iterable, Amplitude and/or similar platforms and tools.
- 2+ years of experience in an environment with Facebook Ads, display ads, and email/sms marketing tactics.
- 2+ years of experience with Tableau and/or Tableau Online building dashboards and reports.
- Mastery of Amazon, Redshift, SQL, Python, and Excel to query, manipulate and summarize data.
- Technical knowledge including html, tag management, basic front-end code.
- Proven ability to communicate data findings to non-technical audiences.
- Good follow-through on projects; deliver with quality, on time.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A high degree of organization and multi-tasking skills in addition to being detailed oriented in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Must be able to work independently as well as with a team of database developers and business partners.
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers and filing cabinets.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, sit, and bend for a majority of their work schedule.
- Ability to use computer and calculator for 8 hours or more.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background check with the San Jose Police Department.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time. *Caliva is an equal opportunity employer.*
Professional office environment
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers and filing cabinets.
Caliva at a glance
Caliva focuses on Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing, Product Design, Brand Marketing, and Alternative Medicine. Their company has offices in San Jose, Long Beach, Brisbane, San Carlos, and Bellflower. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees.