Fresh strains and fresh starts! Here's to being rooted, growing and blossoming in 2020
Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva’s brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service.
Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!
The Staff Accountant will be working in a fast-paced environment and needs to demonstrate initiative and technical competence to handle duties related to the month-end closing, annual audit, financial reporting, reconciliations and analysis for the Finance Department.
What You’ll Do
- Perform monthly accounting close activities, including but not limited to performing GL account flux analyses, preparing account reconciliations, and preparing journal entries for payables/receivables, credit cards, reimbursed expenses, accrued expenses, and capitalized/fixed assets.
- Responsible for intercompany transactions including intercompany reconciliation.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure while assisting GL Account Manager ensuring an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close.
- Support the monthly close process including prepaid, accruals, spending allocations, and investigation of any variances.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of scalable processes, policies, and internal controls across various revenue, expense, and balance sheet account activities.
- Support special projects and other accounting duties as appropriate.
- Develop tools and processes to improve the gathering and preparation of financial information to ensure that all submission requirements are met.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of US GAAP and possibly SEC reporting requirements.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
What You Have
- Embrace and demonstrate alignment with Caliva Values – Integrity, Positive Energy, Connectedness, Bias in Action, and Truth Seeking.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 2+ years experience in accounting or related field.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data in a complicated entity structure.
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and FASB codification and pronouncements.
- Success in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Proven track record of cross functional relationships across the organization.
- ERP System experience with Odoo a plus.
- Strong drive and great work ethic with a get it done attitude.
- Must be a positive, proactive, think outside the box, and organized team player with strong communication skills (written, verbal, listening).
- High attention to detail and accuracy while maintaining the big picture.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal guidance.
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills (such as pivot tables, vlookup, and data analysis)
- Multi-entity, CPG, and Supply Chain experience in a high growth company.
- Cannabis industry experience a plus.
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers and filing cabinets.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours; must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, sit, and bend for a majority of their work schedule.
- Ability to use computer and calculator for 8 hours or more.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background check with the San Jose Police Department.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time. *Caliva is an equal opportunity employer.*
Professional office environment
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers and filing cabinets.
Caliva at a glance
Caliva focuses on Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing, Product Design, Brand Marketing, and Alternative Medicine. Their company has offices in San Jose, Long Beach, Brisbane, San Carlos, and Bellflower. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees.