Forward Deployed Engineer (Federal)
C3.ai is a leading enterprise AI software provider for accelerating digital transformation. The comprehensive and proven C3 AI Suite uses a model-driven abstraction layer to enable organizations to develop, deploy, and operate enterprise scale AI applications 40x to 100x faster than alternative approaches. www.c3.ai
Forward Deployed Engineers work at the leading edge of our business to rapidly and accurately configure the C3.ai Platform and Application solutions that solve complex business problems involving significant scale and technical complexity in new domains and for new customers.
Forward Deployed Engineers work closely with the customer’s IT, business analytics, and data science teams to demonstrate the capabilities of the C3.ai Platform. Our Forward Deployed engineers are comfortable architecting systems that require analyzing high-volume, high-frequency, broad, unstructured or real time data sets. Data science and big data techniques are core to the C3.ai Platform and the Forward Deployed Engineers maintain conversational and technical competency in these areas. We’re looking for engineers who are project oriented and enjoy selling and interacting with customers to solve high impact, previously unsolved problems.
Recent examples of successful engagements include predictive maintenance on oil and gas equipment and aircraft subsystems, supply chain optimization, manufacturing yield optimization, chronic disease prevention, customer spend prediction, and equipment lifetime optimization. These are high value projects with high levels of internal and external visibility.
This role requires US Citizenship or US Permanent Residence. Active Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance (Secret or higher) is preferred.
- Engage directly with customers to design, develop, and deploy AI-based enterprise applications
- Write application specifications and documentation
- Lead design and development reviews of customer applications
- Test, troubleshoot, and enhance customer applications with and on behalf of customers
- Continuously identify technical risks and gaps; devise mitigation strategies in anticipation of customer needs
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) field; graduate degree in STEM or business field preferred
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Interpersonal communication skills and ability to work effectively on a cross-functional team
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience with Federal government, especially DoD.
- TS/SCI Clearance (preferably DoD).
- Willing and able to obtain security clearance.
- Understanding of cloud computing concepts
- Understanding of databases types and trade-offs
- Proficiency in data structure and algorithm design and implementation
- Proficiency in time-series data analysis, cleansing, and normalization
- Working knowledge of Agile software development methodology
- Experience building and deploying AI-based enterprise applications
- Solid understanding of common machine learning techniques, applications, and trade-offs
C3.ai provides a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits.
C3.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran status.
C3.ai offers competitive coverage. Our program includes medical, dental, and vision.
C3.ai offers fund options via Charles Schwab for retirement savings.
Stock options are granted to all full-time C3.ai employees.
Relax and recharge
C3.ai offers 15 days of paid time off every year. As your tenure with the company grows so does your paid time off! C3.ai also offers 10 paid public holidays around which you can build your vacation leave.
Catered lunch daily
C3.ai provides a fully stocked snack area and beverage refrigerator that contains everything from energy drinks to sodas and iced tea. Every day C3.ai provides a catered, gourmet lunch so that the team can relax together and share ideas.
It’s the most important meal of the day. C3.ai offers breakfast five days a week, including bagels, muffins, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, and delicious coffee.
Free gym membership
To help keep you at the top of your game, C3.ai offers employees a free gym membership at our state-of-the-art fitness facility.
Commuter check program
C3.ai offers tax saving commuter benefits program.
C3.ai holds monthly employee training sessions as well as weekly lunch-and-learns. C3.ai also encourages further education by offering bonuses for the successful completion of select online courses.
Lifelong learning is a part of C3.ai. That’s why we will cover the total cost to earn a master’s in computer science online. Those who complete the degree get three more big perks—a $25k cash bonus, a guaranteed 15% raise and stock grant.
Friday happy hour
Relax and unwind at the end of the week at C3’s weekly Friday Happy Hour. Enjoy good food, good drinks and great company at our office.
C3.ai employees are eligible for discounts from Verizon and AT&T.
C3.ai at a glance
C3.ai focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Analytics, and Machine Learning. Their company has offices in Paris, Sydney, Redwood City, and Roma. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, C3.ai has raised $305.784M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2018.
You can view their website at https://c3.ai