TurboTax for student loan debt
Lead Software Engineer$140k – $160k • 0.0% – 0.75%
Savi is a leading social impact technology startup based in DC that is working to solve the student debt crisis. Our mission is to help the 46+ million student loan borrowers better understand their debt, find federal forgiveness programs, and enroll. We're looking for people who have the desire to build meaningful products and the drive to do great work as part of a team.
Savi has been featured in the NY Times, TIME and Inc. and recently completed our Series A funding round. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, financial institutions and the nation’s largest membership groups, who use our platform to help their employees and members better manage their student loans and save money.
We are looking for experienced engineers to join our growing engineering team and help scale a product to millions of borrowers. Ideal candidates are proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our business forward. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and a generous telework policy.
Become Savi’s first Lead Software Engineer and play an integral role in shaping the future of our platform and services. Lead team members to tackle the challenging problems we will face as we scale our business.
- Establish and execute short and long-term architectural roadmaps for the business.
- Drive continuous improvement to the efficiency and flexibility of our platform and services while keeping a high bar for performance and availability.
- Continually improve the overall code quality by applying coding best practices, OO design, and architectural patterns.
- Own entire products, services, and KPIs.
- Provide mentorship and help develop the members of your team.
-Excellent code quality leveraging OO design and architectural patterns.
-Demonstrated experience working on and scaling large, customer-facing applications or services.
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces to back-end systems and all points in between.
- Experience building highly available and scalable services and applications.
- Experience with multi-tenant services, SOA, or micro-services.
- Experience with Docker, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, or AWS Auto Scaling.
Benefits include employee options, health insurance, 401k, paid holidays and vacation, and a flexible telework schedule.
Know someone who might be a good fit? This position is eligible for a $1,000 referral bonus.
Savi Solutions PBC at a glance
Savi Solutions PBC focuses on Finance Technology, Education Technology, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in Washington DC. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.bysavi.com