Your shipping assistant
Backend Support Engineer (m/f/d)€40k – €50k
byrd offers e-commerce businesses access to a virtual warehouse that connects their online shop seamlessly with multiple warehouses across borders.
The fully integrated web application enables merchants to outsource their whole logistics - from storage to shipping - with only a few clicks. Moreover, they can manage and track their orders - regardless of the number of warehouses they ship from - in one single tool and access reports to optimize their logistics.
At byrd, technology meets the logistics expertise of dozens of logistics providers on a global scale. As a consequence, retailers can offer shipping that meets and exceeds their customers’ expectations.
As a Backend Support Engineer, you will
Onboard - new customers from a technical perspective and make sure they have a great experience
Resolve - any type of technical issues that may come up with our customers or warehouses
Develop - custom solutions for strategic customers and be their technical contact at byrd
Collaborate ‒ with other departments such as the Onboarding, Account Management and Customer Support team and help them with any technical topics
- Comfortable with direct customer contact
- 3+ years of industry experience in Python development. When your friends ask you if you have a favourite poem, you reply: PEP 20
- Expertise in a Python framework, such as Flask or Django
- A test believer. Tests are an everyday occurrence for you, not an afterthought or chore
- Web services and REST APIs are second nature to you
- A rounded knowledge of SQL and ORMs
- Past experience of working in agile teams, using continuous integration and deployment practices
- Humility. We appreciate constructive criticism and are not afraid to employ it
- Strong communication skills. (English required, German an asset)
Experience with these would be a plus
- Using (and upgrading to) Python 3
- Heroku, AWS or similar cloud platform
- Systems architecture, containerization tools and platforms
- Microservices (when and when not to use them)
- API documentation generation, such as Swagger
- Life in a startup
Tech we use
Python (Flask, SQLAlchemy)
Heroku & AWS
Angular & NgRx
Some perks we offer
Naturally, you can expect the “Standard Berlin Start-Up Perk Package”. Flexible working hours, a calm and productive environment, and the possibility to take home office if needed. We will of course provide fresh fruit and snacks, coffee and drinks. And we also have free public transport for our employees!
Besides these goodies we support your personal and professional growth with a free Urban Sports Club membership and various team activities. We want our employees to be healthy, happy, and well rested.
But let’s be honest, the most precious perk is that your contribution, effort and opinion will be valued and appreciated. Our tech team is not a “feature factory” – we offer meaningful tasks, which have a direct impact on the company and its customers. You will work directly with the founders and a team of skilled and professional engineers and managers. As we are a results driven company we encourage smart, rather than hard, work.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity. Therefore, we do not discriminate based on religion, skin colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Looking forward to your application!