Sales Manager - North America£40k – £50k
Buyapowa is a technology company based in London, with offices in Paris, Berlin and Vancouver. We operate the leading global refer-a-friend platform, which allows brands and retailers to identify their biggest advocates, then motivates and rewards them for introducing new customers. Plugging seamlessly into an existing website or app, the Buyapowa platform does more than merely ask customers to refer their friends - it incentivises and equips them to share again and again.
Since launching in 2011, Buyapowa has worked with over 100 of the world’s largest brands and retailers, including Sprint, Gap, Vodafone, First Direct, Centrica Telefonica and BT. Following the acquisition of Canada’s RewardStream in 2018, Buyapowa is well positioned for strong growth in the North American market and beyond.
Globally, we’re a team of 40 employees and we’re growing quickly. We’ve won awards both for our technology and our work with clients. And we’re passionate about what we do - so we like to get things done - but, at the same time, we have fun as a team and thrive off each other’s energy.
As a key member of the Sales team at Buyapowa you will focus on building new relationships across the North America Telecom sector.
This is the perfect time to join the Buyapowa team - market growth is gaining fantastic momentum - the portfolio of clients continues to grow each month.
This is not a volume-driven sales role, and certainly more quality over quantity – it is about starting conversations with senior marketing budget holders at predominantly retail banks and credit card companies, initiating interest, nurturing and closing deals. You should be looking to manage the entire sales cycle from prospecting to closing over time.
What you will do:
- Working out of our London off and working closely with the Director of UK & NA to help develop a strategic sales plan across industry verticals with a special focus on Telecom services.
- Nurture and deliver a current and future sales pipeline of clients in NA and possibly backing up other verticals or territories.
- Manage the end-to-end sales and relationship management process
- Initiate conversations with relevant Marketing / Commercial / Proposition heads at target clients
- Engage with client contacts, understand their requirements and business case and educate them effectively on how our platform could impact their business both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Set up and participate in relevant demos, meetings etc
- Be an integral member of the entire Buyapowa team, putting energy and passion into your work
*You are: *
- 3 + years’ of B2B sales / inside sales experience with a view to close deals too.
- Marketing Technology / SaaS sales experience, preferably gained selling in to North American Enterprise marketing departments
- An excellent track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets in past roles
- Leading and managing the full sales cycle from prospecting to close or have a successful track record of inside sales and feeling ready to manage more of the process with some support.
- Ability to evaluate, analyse and target strategic opportunities
- Comfortable holding interesting conversations at Director level or equivalent, with ability to build and effectively manage a pipeline of business (often over long time periods)
- Experience with any of the following verticals would be advantageous: Telecoms and Finance
- A strong understanding of the nuances of NA market, genuine desire to build networks within this territory
- Experience or genuine desire to work in a start-environment
- Ideally degree educated (or equivalent)
Bonus points for:
- Being prepared to spend time in our Vancouver office
- Being open to quarterly travel to North America
- Experience selling a marketing technology into enterprise Telecoms / Financial Services in North America
Why you’ll love us:
- You’ll be part of a small, competent and highly ambitious team
- You will own initiatives and have the autonomy to execute your plan
- Be part of a rapidly growing business expanding internationally
- A Perks@Work account for significant discounts on products, experiences and things like gym membership
- Excellent tax-efficient equity scheme