Love Where You Live
Head of People
Bungalow is the largest and fastest growing co-living company in the United States tackling two of the largest problems of our generation — housing affordability and loneliness.
We find gorgeous homes in the most desirable locations and bring individuals together to create vibrant and dynamic communities. We curate each of our home’s feel with a custom communal furniture package, set up and manage all utilities and wifi, provide monthly housekeeping services, and foster community through our monthly events.
We’re removing the hassle from moving and every-day living, and providing an affordable product that helps people to feel at home, together.
Join our community! We're looking for a Head of People to lead our amazing People team. You will oversee our recruiting, people operations, and HR functions. As you build and execute on our People strategy, you will need to account for a workforce that is widely distributed across geographies (with teams in major cities across the U.S.), that includes a wide array of roles (including a substantial number of customer-facing non-exempt workers), and that has grown rapidly over the past year. You will work to build our long-term people strategy while tactically working to execute across day-to-day people functions.
What you'll do:
- Rally colleagues at every level of the company around our vision for what it means to work at Bungalow
- Build & develop a world-class team by becoming a trusted advisor and partner to leaders throughout the organization
- Develop the long and short-term strategies pertaining to processes, programs & policies that fall in-line with Bungalow's values
- Construct a people organization that is built upon a deep subject matter and expertise in regulations and best practices for globally-distributed and ever-evolving teams
Who you are:
- 8+ years of experience in people operations leadership
- Experience working in a leadership or managerial position at a fast-growing tech company
- Human Capital, consulting or operational experience
More about our (FTE) Benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Bungalow is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: generous time off to relax and recharge, beautiful offices, commuter benefits, team happy hours and continuous learning! Now the ultra important stuff: we also have world-class healthcare, vision and dental insurance- we have your back!
Founded in 2017 by Andrew Collins and Justin McCarty, our company currently has hundreds of properties across 10 markets. To ensure our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. For more information visit www.bungalow.com and check out our Series-B funding coverage here!