Love Where You Live
Bungalow is the largest and fastest growing co-living company in the United States tackling two of the largest problems of our generation — housing affordability and loneliness.
We find gorgeous homes in the most desirable locations and bring individuals together to create vibrant and dynamic communities. We curate each of our home’s feel with a custom communal furniture package, set up and manage all utilities and wifi, provide monthly housekeeping services, and foster community through our monthly events.
We’re removing the hassle from moving and every-day living, and providing an affordable product that helps people to feel at home, together.
Join our community! We're looking for a Backend Developer to join our offices in Kitchener, Toronto, or Vancouver. We use Python 3.7+, Django, and Django REST Framework to build RESTful APIs which are focused on resources. Data centric systems are built with Python, AWS Redshift, and Periscope to support our organization’s business intelligence. Mentorship and code review through pull requests are critical to our development process.
We are looking for candidates who are interested in our tech ecosystem and approaches, who have a passion for quality and continual learning, and who are willing to dig deep when debugging gets confusing. Our engineering values include being human focused, being team centric, working at all prudent speed, continually learning, having permission to fail, and being owners!
What you'll do:
- Build and ship features a platform already used by thousands of users per day
- Participate in sprint planning, code review, and continual learning
- Working with the team to refine and improve specification and user stories
- Debug problems, write documentation, and unit tests where required
- Be mentored and mentor others as we work to uplevel our development process
Who you are:
- Degree related to and/or experience developing software
- Strong attention to detail and a passion for quality
- Ability to communicate effectively with remote and local teams
- Experience managing multiple projects and priorities
- A desire to learn everyday
- Experience working in web-based environments creating RESTful APIs
- Experience with Python or related backend languages is a plus
- Frameworks: Django, Django Rest Framework, VueJS
- Data: Postgre SQL, AWS Redshift, Salesforce ETL
- Ops: AWS, Docker
- CI: Travis
- Other: Git, Webpack, SCSS
- $1,000.00 CAD stipend to use towards continued learning and conference attendance
More about our (FTE) Benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Bungalow is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: generous time off to relax and recharge, beautiful offices, commuter benefits, team happy hours and continuous learning! Now the ultra important stuff: we also have world-class healthcare, vision and dental insurance- we have your back!
Founded in 2017 by Andrew Collins and Justin McCarty, our company currently has hundreds of properties across 10 markets. Forbes named Bungalow as one of America’s Best Startup Employers because we ensure our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. For more information visit www.bungalow.com and check out our Series-B funding coverage here!