Party App for Multiplayer Games
Mobile Software Engineer
Bunch is a party app for multiplayer games! It's like playing a Nintendo game with friends on the same couch or a throwing a LAN party - on your phone. We are bringing people together through the games they love, anytime - anywhere.
Bunch raised over $28M from top investors like General Catalyst, London Venture Partners and some of the top makers of video games in the world including Electronic Arts, Krafton (PUBG), Take Two Interactive, Ubisoft, Supercell, Riot Games, Miniclip, Tencent and more.
You can check out the Bunch app on iOS and Android on: bunch.live; and learn more about our company and culture at join.bunch.live
🤩 About the Role
We're looking for an outstanding full-stack engineer to join our team. You'll be designing and implementing the backend APIs powering Bunch’s fun and engaging native app, as well as creating innovative mobile experiences in React Native. You will be deeply involved in the design process, and support services from conception to roll out.
This is a unique opportunity for someone looking to join a small team working on a fast growing consumer product; and make an impact. We are a talented team that likes to move fast, we are on a mission to build a lasting internet company and we like to have fun along the way.
Checkout our tech stack here:
💪What you will do
- Implement beautiful and captivating UI and animations that delights the users
- Own projects from design to launch and beyond
- Evaluate trade-offs to iterate quickly while not compromising on stability and quality
- Continually improve app performance while also maintaining excellent code quality
- : We love new ideas, so bring them!
- Have 3 years of experience building high-quality mobile or web applications.
- Can build most things you can imagine.
- Keep things simple.
- Have experience leading a small team and taking a product from idea to a shippable state and monitoring the success of the product once in the wild
- Very data driven
- Have a good product sense.
- Can push pixel-perfect visual design and are a wizard at creating beautiful animations
- Can collaborate with technical and non-technical staff, including designers
- Can work independently
- Have a passion for usability, user experience and an empathetic approach to building software
👍 Bonus points if you:
- Are a good copy writer
- Love to play Jackbox, Werewolf, Avalon, Heads Up or any other fun board/social game
- Have React Native experience
- Are familiar with popular video chat or community applications
- You have experience with agile software development practices, and have participated in product roadmaps and development sprints before.
🚀 Working at Bunch comes with:
- - Competitive salary and stock options 💰
- - Casual dress code 👖
- - Competitive health benefits 😷
- - Flexible vacation 🏝
- - Opportunities for travel for conferences and professional development 🛫
- - Bi-weekly one-on-ones focused on mentorship ➕
- - Lunch-and-Learns 🤯
- - Snacks on snacks on snacks 🥕
- In normal times, we have an office in downtown Toronto. In these slightly less-than-normal times, we're an entirely remote company. We can help you to outfit your home office with all the gear and tools you need. We expect to return to the office when it's safe, so the ability to commute to downtown Toronto is something we require.
🌈 We believe excellence is impossible without diversity, and would love to hear from women, men, non-binary, trans, parents, non-parents, and people of all ages, ethnicities and sexual orientations — especially you. ✨
Bunch at a glance
Bunch focuses on Messaging, Mobile Games, Video Chat, and Social Network. Their company has offices in New York City and Toronto. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Bunch has raised $28.15M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2020.