Party App for Multiplayer Games
Senior Game Developer
Bunch is a party app for multiplayer games! It's like playing a Nintendo game with friends on the same couch or a throwing a LAN party - on your phone. We are bringing people together through the games they love, anytime - anywhere.
Bunch raised over $28M from top investors like General Catalyst, London Venture Partners and some of the top makers of video games in the world including Electronic Arts, Krafton (PUBG), Take Two Interactive, Ubisoft, Supercell, Riot Games, Miniclip, Tencent and more.
You can check out the Bunch app on iOS and Android on: bunch.live; and learn more about our company and culture at join.bunch.live
🤩 About the Role
Bunch is kind of like Nintendo or Sega. Just like Nintendo comes with Mario, or Sega comes with Sonic, we make our own games that are built into the app as well! Some of them like Mars Dash are already becoming hits in their own regard. At the same time, our users can play their favourite 3rd party games like Minecraft and Roblox as well.
We are looking for an amazing game developer with strong networking/multiplayer experience to help us make new games and make our existing games more awesome.
This is a unique opportunity for someone looking to join a small team working on a fast growing consumer product; and make an impact. We are a talented team that likes to move fast, we are on a mission to build a lasting internet company and we like to have fun along the way.
💪 What you'll do:
- You'll report to our Director of Game Development, and collaborate closely with our other game developers and game artists.
- You'll build multiplayer games from the ground up, working in Unity/C#.
- You'll help to set the standard for exemplary software architecture, making sure we write beautiful code.
- You'll help ensure our networking code is up to snuff, so our multiplayer always works flawlessly.
- You'll do R&D for experimental new features that explore what's possible with videochat inside games (think: audio/video filters, video capture/sharing, smile detection, speech detection, and more!)
- : We love new ideas, so bring them!
- 5 years of experience in software development
- Have shipped one or more games with a significant player base
- A good grasp of software architecture, particularly in game development
- Can collaborate with technical and non-technical staff, including designers
- Have a passion for usability, user experience and an empathetic approach to building software
- Solid empathy & interpersonal skills for building a shared vision around your work
👍 Bonus points if you:
- Have expertise in networking for multiplayer games, what's possible and what's optimal (i.e. you know what predict/rollback is 🤯)
- Have React Native experience
- Have native iOS/Android experience
🚀 Working at Bunch comes with:
- Competitive salary and stock options 💰
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans 💪
- Flexible vacation days 🏝
- Outfit your home office with the gear you need to work effectively 🎧
- Regular team retreats (...to be continued post-covid) 🚤
- Regular game nights and other fun activities (... in the mean time) 🎮
We believe excellence is impossible without diversity, and would love to hear from women, men, non-binary, trans, parents, non-parents, and people of all ages, ethnicities and sexual orientations — especially you. ✨🌈🦄
Bunch at a glance
Bunch focuses on Messaging, Mobile Games, Video Chat, and Social Network. Their company has offices in New York City and Toronto. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Bunch has raised $28.15M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2020.