Group Video Chat for Live Mobile Games
Full Stack Developer$90k – $120k • 0.0% – 0.5%
Love playing LAN parties with friends? What about board games, or crushing your friends on Super Mario Kart? Imagine being able to do all that, on your phone - anytime, anywhere.
Bunch is a mobile app that lets people play their favorite games with friends, over group video chat. You can download the app below and check it out!
We are backed by Supercell, Tencent, London Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Betaworks, Northzone and more. https://techcrunch.com/2018/11/15/bunch-game-chat/
We are looking for an awesome mobile developer to join our team at our offices in Toronto.
Your Mission; if you choose to accept it
- Building features for Android like "Facebook Chat Heads" so people can video chat with their friends while using any Android game and other things specifically for the Android platform
- Building features for iOS as such iMessage extension, rich push notification so people can easily connect on the Bunch platform
- Help with our developer SDK that lets game developers integrate voice and video chat into their games and also lets users authenticate with Bunch in other games. (Think Facebook Connect)
- Video and audio filters. We want to make it fun for friends to express themselves however they want!
- Continue to improve and innovate what can be done on the mobile platform to offer players the most performant experience that also delights them
- : We love new ideas, so bring them!
- Have experience building high-quality mobile or web applications.
- Can build most things you can imagine.
- Keep things simple.
- Have experience leading a small team and taking a product from idea to a shippable state and monitoring the success of the product once in the wild
- Very data driven
- Have a good product sense.
- Can push pixel-perfect visual design and are a wizard at creating beautiful animations
- Can collaborate with technical and non-technical staff, including designers
- Can work independently
- Use flexbox in your dreams
- Have a passion for usability, user experience and an empathetic approach to building software
Bonus points if you:
- Are a good copy writer
- Love to play Jackbox, Werewolf, Avalon, Heads Up or any other fun board/social game
- Have React Native experience
- Are familiar with these figures in computing: Alan Kay, Bret Victor.
- Are familiar with popular video chat or community applications
Working at Bunch comes with:
- Competitive salary and stock options 💰
- Casual dress code 👖
- Competitive health benefits 😷
- Flexible vacation 🏝
- Opportunities for travel for conferences and professional development 🛫
- Bi-weekly one-on-ones focused on mentorship ➕
- Lunch-and-Learns 🤯
- Snacks on snacks on snacks 🥕
Downtown Toronto close to lots of amazing food and shops! 😋
Meet your team
Bunch at a glance
Bunch focuses on Messaging, Mobile Games, Video Chat, and Social Network. Their company has offices in New York City and Toronto. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Bunch has raised $4.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2018.