Party App for Multiplayer Games
Senior WebRTC Engineer
Bunch is a party app for multiplayer games! It's like playing a Nintendo game with friends on the same couch or a throwing a LAN party - on your phone. We are bringing people together through the games they love, anytime - anywhere.
Bunch raised over $28M from top investors like General Catalyst, London Venture Partners and some of the top makers of video games in the world including Electronic Arts, Krafton (PUBG), Take Two Interactive, Ubisoft, Supercell, Riot Games, Miniclip, Tencent and more.
You can check out the Bunch app on iOS and Android on: bunch.live and learn more about our company and culture at join.bunch.live.
🤩 About the Role:
We are looking for a talented and passionate senior software developer with WebRTC expertise to help us build highly scalable and performant real-time back-end solutions.
This is a unique opportunity for someone looking to join a small team working on a fast growing consumer product and make an impact. We are a talented team that likes to move fast; we are on a mission to build a lasting internet company and we like to have fun along the way.
💪 What you will do:
- Research, iterate and develop a scalable WebRTC backend solution for a massive audience
- Investigate relevant open source and 3rd-party SDKs/frameworks
- Implement customized real-time solutions that best meet our players needs
- Design and conduct scalability and performance testing
- Own services from design to launch and beyond
- Evaluate trade-offs to iterate quickly while not compromising on stability and quality
- Continually improve code performance while also maintaining excellent code quality
- : We love new ideas, so bring them!
- 7 years of experience building high-quality software solutions or services
- 3 years experience building highly scalable back-end services
- Practical experience building WebRTC products/services
- Passion for well designed products
- Can collaborate with technical and non-technical staff, including designers
- Passion for usability, user experience and an empathetic approach to building software
- Solid empathy & interpersonal skills for building a shared vision around your work
👍 Bonus points:
- Experience leading a small team and taking a product from idea to a shippable state and monitoring the success of the product once in the wild
- Love to play Jackbox, Werewolf, Avalon, Heads Up or any other fun board/social game
- Familiar with popular video chat or community applications
- Experience with agile software development practices, and have participated in product roadmaps and development sprints.
🚀 What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options 💰
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans 💪
- Flexible vacation days 🏝
- Outfit your home office with the gear you need to work effectively 🎧
- Regular team retreats (to be continued post-covid) 🚤
- Lunch and learns, game nights and other fun activities 🎮
- In these slightly less-than-normal times, we're an entirely remote company. We can help you outfit your home office with all the gear and tools you need. We expect to return to the office when it's safe.
We believe excellence is impossible without diversity, and would love to hear from women, men, non-binary, trans, parents, non-parents, and people of all ages, ethnicities and sexual orientations — especially you. ✨🌈🦄
Bunch at a glance
Bunch focuses on Messaging, Mobile Games, Video Chat, and Social Network. Their company has offices in New York City and Toronto. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Bunch has raised $28.15M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2020.