Providing content and job recruitment platforms for tech workers and companies
Hello, we're Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates uses Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston and Seattle.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.
We're looking for an SEO Manager
As SEO Manager, you’ll join our SEO Team, a key member of Built In’s Growth Division. Growth is composed of SEO specialists, writers and software engineers who work across departments to grow Built In’s traffic and user base. We are looking for someone who loves working on a variety of projects, enjoys solving puzzles, strongly values an “all-hands-on-deck” philosophy and can nimbly navigate a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
How You’ll Contribute
The SEO Manager will report directly to the Director, SEO and manage a team of two strategists and three SEO writers. Daily responsibilities will include:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the SEO Team, including working with the department head to scope and prioritize initiatives
- Leading the department’s reporting + analysis initiatives, such as building project dashboards, providing updates and gathering appropriate data
- Communicating strategic initiatives to junior staff and building manageable, executable workflows designed to achieve those strategies
- Helping in the execution of growth projects that range from content optimization and creation initiatives to working directly with software engineers to implement SEO changes
- Leading technical SEO work, such as diagnosing pertinent issues and evaluating website changes and product updates
- Working with the department head on data requests and analysis projects
- Mentoring a team of young, eager professionals ready to learn and grow in their careers
- 3+ years SEO experience (in-house experience a plus)
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, SEMrush, Google Search Console, Ahrefs and other SEO analysis programs
- Management or mentoring experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Data-driven approach with experience quantifying success/failure of projects using metrics and other KPIs
- Demonstrably creative problem solver
- Highly organized and independently motivated
- Experience presenting to and working with senior leaders
What We Value
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if?” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it and get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Built In at a glance
Built In focuses on SaaS, Communities, Networking, News, and Startups. Their company has offices in Chicago. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Built In has raised $29.85M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2019.