Bigger, better software
Senior Backend Software Engineer$30k – $50k • No equity
About the company and our team
We're HQ'd out of the 1 University Avenue WeWork, next to Union Station, with unlimited lattes, great events and close ties to other top tech and non-tech growth companies, like Scribd, Pinterest and others.
Founded in 2017, we're quickly scaling, 100% bootstrapped and cashflow positive, which means we make our own product decisions that are guided by our vision and our vision alone.
Our proprietary platform is the world's most efficient no-code development system that lets engineers build, test, deploy and scale functional backend systems in a matter of minutes. In other words, established and growing startups use Buildable's tool kits to empower their engineers to build better products with less time. Compatible in both JS and Python environments, we’ve learned firsthand the most valuable products seem to move themselves.
We're a company built by innate innovators, and we’re laser-focused on our mission to help power the most successful new ventures and growth phase companies on the planet. As a member of our team, you'll get the chance to work closely with people who have built, scaled and sold companies before.
While we're obsessed with our vision, we don't take ourselves too seriously. We don’t know all the answers, so we’re constantly experimenting and learning together.
About the role
As a Backend Software Engineer, you'll work on our no-code development platform within one of several small cross-functional teams. You'll integrate against our REST APIs to build product functionality and be responsible for end-to-end delivery of features in coordination with the Product and Design teams.
Our ideal candidate will have experience developing commercial technologies using Node.js, Python, MongoDB, Docker/Kubernetes. We value potential as much as we value experience, so if you think you’d be a great fit we’d love to hear from you.
• Practice Buildable core values: appreciation and positivity, transparency, curiosity and independence.
• Demonstrate good written and verbal communication
• Perform through code reviews and provide constructive feedback
• Work with front end developers to build and maintain features
• Perform thorough code reviews and provide constructive feedback
• Troubleshoot bugs and provide solutions to fix them
• Enhance Buildable's overall infrastructure
• Support QA with testing your code
Desired Skills & Experience
4+ Years of hands on experience building and scaling commercial technology
Experience with microservice architecture
4+ years experience using node.js, MongoDB, Redis, stream processing software (i.e., Kafka, NAT, etc..)
Experience with CI/CD (i.e., GitLab, Kubernetes, etc..)
Nice to have skills
Experience using Python in a professional environment
Experience in functional programming
• Great team culture rooted in high intelligence and domain expertise
• Convenient Downtown Toronto location near transit
• Craft beer and cider on tap
• Light-filled, dog-friendly and human-friendly office space
• Lunch and Learns
• Friday drinks and demos
• Unlimited espresso, coffee and lattes
• Flexible work hours
• Work with a kick-ass team with unparalleled leadership
• Lots of responsibility and opportunity to see your impact on the company
Joining the (lovely!) Team
We invest time and resources into making sure the company is as good as the people we hire. Our culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspective.