Audience-Controlled Camera Platform in Sports & Entertainment
Computer Vision Researcher - Sports Settings$70k – $110k • 0.0% – 0.5%
WHO WE ARE
Brizi is an audience-controlled camera platform, the first and only technology of its kind that lets groups capture and share live experiences from otherwise impossible vantage points. In seconds, anyone can use their phone to remotely control robotic cameras and take larger than life photos and videos to immortalize group memories. More than just camera software, we help venues, sponsors and properties reinvent their guest experiences.
Our ambition is to be in every iconic venue around the globe, and we are backed by top investors from Boston. Brizi has been adopted by major sports properties in 10 countries since 2016, including within the NBA, NHL, Grand Slam tennis, soccer, and more. We have been establishing a solid foundation, and now are looking to accelerate our growth.
YOU ARE A
- PhD or Masters graduate with 2+ years of work experience in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics or a related field. Experience in parallel computing, OpenCL, GPGPU is a plus
- Developer of novel computer vision and machine learning algorithms in previous research projects that were solving real-world problems
- Computer vision researcher with advanced knowledge of image processing and well versed with statistical machine learning and 3D geometry
- Proficient programmer/developer experienced with OpenCV and DLib, and comfortable with common language such as C/C++ and Python
- Strong problem-solver and communicator, comfortable with Agile/DevOps practices
- Team player who stays curious and gets energized by new ideas and learnings from others, someone who is self-motivated, organized, resourceful, and detail-oriented
THIS JOB INVOLVES
- Developing algorithms for image segmentation, object detection, recognition, and tracking in the realm of group photos
- Owning the R&D project scope, direction, and conclusions from your research that contribute to the core product
- Enhancing the quality of imagery captured in indoor and outdoor venues using software
- Extracting insights from imagery data such as emotion, gender, age, and more from images
- Training and customizing models to work in the context of our applications to scientifically dissect the concept of "group memories"
YOUR CO-WORKERS WILL INCLUDE
Sami (Co-founder & CTO) - linkedin.com/in/samidalati
Tamer (Operations) - linkedin.com/in/tamerdeif
Flavio (Software) - linkedin.com/in/flaviodrossetto/
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM BRIZI
- A unique opportunity to use your skill sets in creative ways to better understand people and how we like to socialize
- A career opportunity to build products that are used in iconic venues globally, from New York to Madrid to Tokyo
- A small close-knit team that cares for each other and emphasizes mutual respect and appreciation
- A positive, transparent, and respectful work environment that empowers you to make an impact and be the best version of yourself
Meet your team
Brizi at a glance
Brizi focuses on Sports, Internet of Things, Entertainment Industry, Sports Stadiums, and Sponsorship. Their company has offices in Toronto. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Brizi has raised $2.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2018.