Revolutionize restaurants through innovative technology and design
Brightloom is looking for a Senior Counsel to join our Legal Team, reporting to the General Counsel. The ideal candidate is a business-minded, technology-focused lawyer with in-house experience looking to tackle the most critical legal issues affecting Brightloom’s growth and success with ambitions to become a general counsel (and grow the breadth of their skillset in this role).
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with the General Counsel in building scalable and effective legal processes
- Provide guidance to technical teams on issues related to developing data science driven SaaS products through the product development lifecycle
- Provide ideas and insights into how Brightloom can work within the law to create amazing product experiences for its customers, including helping to launch Brightloom products in new markets around the world
- Support general business operations and complete special projects
- You are an attorney with admission to at least one bar and 6+ years of combined, relevant experience in law firms and in-house legal departments providing guidance directly to technical teams
- You are recognized by your colleagues for having problem-solving superpowers
- You have amazing verbal and written communication skills (e.g., ability to translate and TLDR legal advice into actionable guidance for innovative product and business teams)
- Your experience demonstrates a history of providing sound business judgment with proven ability to prioritize and manage projects effectively
- You are comfortable working independently but know when to escalate an issue and/or ask for resources
- Career path that demonstrates ability to handle breadth of legal issues (e.g., smart, critical thinker comfortable with being uncomfortable) with some area-specific expertise in the area of contract negotiations / procurement / sales OR privacy OR international product roll out (e.g., confidence to own a primary legal vertical)
- Start-up experience or history of working in fast-paced environment
- Passion for mentorship, paying it forward, and building the careers of others (legal and non-legal)
At Brightloom, we are working to create meaningful relationships between people and the brands they love. Up until now, only a select few brands could afford or knew how to put together a top-notch digital engagement and ordering platform. Now the top leaders who built and led the data-driven approach to customer engagement at Starbucks and Amazon are, together with their world-class teams of data scientists, engineers and industry experts, productizing this approach to enable any consumer brand to deliver a seamless and personalized digital customer experience.
Our flexible and modular platform combines convenience (digital ordering channels), personal relevance (personalized marketing) and engagement (loyalty) that allow brands to grow their business through strong and enduring customer relationships.
What We Offer:
- Fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment
- Competitive pay and equity/stock options
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance Coverage
- Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability
- Phone/Internet Reimbursement
- Home Office Refresh Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account & Health Savings Account
- Flexible Time Off
Brightloom is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.