Revolutionize restaurants through innovative technology and design
Staff Software Development Engineer - Data Platform Team
[This position can be based remotely, but requires ability to work from home and align with core Pacific time working hours.]
We are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to join our Data Platform team of analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, implement, test, deploy, and operate Brightloom's data infrastructure and platform
- Hands-on development of data pipelines and data infrastructure supporting product development and data scientists
- Develop data set processes for data modeling, mining, and production
- Collaborate with other teams to design architectures to collect the right data
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering colleagues on technical vision and design
- 7+ years experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
Experience using the following software / tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Athena
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc
- Experience with object-oriented/scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Solved complex canonicalization and standardization across a complex data inputs/sources
At Brightloom, we are working to create meaningful relationships between people and the brands they love. Up until now, only a select few brands could afford or knew how to put together a top-notch digital engagement and ordering platform. Now the top leaders who built and led the data-driven approach to customer engagement at Starbucks and Amazon are, together with their world-class teams of data scientists, engineers and industry experts, productizing this approach to enable any consumer brand to deliver a seamless and personalized digital customer experience.
Our flexible and modular platform combines convenience (digital ordering channels), personal relevance (personalized marketing) and engagement (loyalty) that allow brands to grow their business through strong and enduring customer relationships.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Equity/Stock Options
- Health, vision, dental insurance coverage
- Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability
- Flexible PTO + 10 Company Paid Holidays
- ARC Fertility Program
- Home Office Reimbursement
- Phone/Internet Reimbursement
Brightloom is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.