Consumer-focused health insurance and technology company
Software Engineer, Mobile
We are in search Mobile Software Engineers of all levels here at Bright Health! In this role, you will be playing an important role in helping to define and build Bright’s mobile strategy that will span across multiple functional zones potentially reaching out to millions of users. You will be instrumental in delivering the mobile app that will debut the new consumer focused Bright Health.
We are hiring Mid to Lead level roles. If you have at last 2 full years (or more) of hands-on-keyboard experience, in a production environment, we'd love to chat with you!
- Collaborate directly with product managers, UX researchers, and designers to define and implement solutions for our digital properties.
- Contribute up and down the product stack (frontend + some backend) as needed to deliver the best user experience.
- Contribute across the complete development lifecycle, including technical design, work estimation, implementation of new features, and addressing feedback or bugs.
- Lead and contribute to continually improve the team's productivity, culture, and code quality.
- Peer review team member's code and provide constructive feedback to improve quality.
- Create documentation and processes as needed to improve team productivity and transparency.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- 2 to 8 years in mobile development in a mature software organization
- At least two years of experience with either iOS or Android native development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred
- Experience building cloud-based applications using services like Azure or AWS
- Experience scaling applications from prototype to tens of thousands of daily active users
- Experience implementing Continuous Deployment processes and systems
- Experience supporting the applications you have built
- You have a growth mindset and help to lift others up
- You employ sound engineering principles in your day-to-day work
- You take pride in your work
- You love learning, and you love teaching
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats depending on what is required to deliver the best end-user experience
- You are self-organized and manage time and resources well
- You can work independently, but also communicate within a team
Bright Health at a glance
Bright Health focuses on Healthcare Services and Health and Insurance. Their company has offices in Minnesota and Minneapolis. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Bright Health has raised $80M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2016.