Consumer-focused health insurance and technology company
Sr. Software Engineer - Test Automation
Bright Health is working to build a comprehensive, scalable data platform that can accelerate our data driven approach to delivering the best healthcare in conjunction with the best Care Partners. The Sr. Software Engineer on the Health Plan Applications Team is responsible for designing and building products and tools that will support Bright’s ability to integrate with those Care Partners, to provide solutions to supplement existing vendor implementated products (i.e. QNXT, Loomis), to replace/augment existing vendor solutions, and to support development of data extracts using Bright’s data sources.
- Be a subject matter expert in data that the HPA Team has available. This includes understanding schema, current state of the data, as well as answering questions from IAs and helping to design and implement coding patterns, views, etc. to make consumption of the data by the HPA Team more consistent and efficient.
- Design patterns and implement reusable tools (primarily in Azure) that can be used more broadly by the HPA Team to implement specific integrations.
- Participate in evaluation of product requests, including approach to potential solutions as well as estimation on both scope and duration.
- Build (and document) code specific integration implementations
- Participate in Code Reviews with both Developers and IAs to help ensure code quality and consistency throughout the team.
- Mentor other HPA Team members on technology, SDLC, Source Code Management, Testing, and Documentation of technical implementations.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal teams. This includes staying apprised of other development efforts within the company that may impact the HPA Team.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Five (5) or more years developing data-intensive solutions against an RDBMS, such as SQL Server, Postgres or Oracle. Highly skilled writing SQL (DML and DDL), database design and data modelling, as well as performance tuning. Required.
- Five (5) or more years working directly in Microsoft SQL Server preferred.
- Five (5) or more years experience with ETL integration using tools such as SSIS, Informatica, or other. Required.
- Two (2) or more years development experience within a platform such as SharePoint, CRM, etc. preferred.
- Desire to design patterns and build reusable tools that can be leveraged by the rest of the team.
- Strong experience in SDLC, Code Review, Source Code Management (GitHub), Agile methodologies (Jira) and overall development best practices required.
- Experience working with Azure strongly preferred. Specifically data movement and management, Logic Apps, Data Factory, Data Pipelines, etc.
- Experience working with Healthcare data preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable work experience. Computer Science or similar preferred.
- Two (2) or more years QNXT experience in using the backend tables (Claims, Eligibility, Provider, Auth and/or A&G) is preferred.
- MUST HAVE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE US WITHOUT VISA SPONSORSHIP
- Dedicates exacting attention to detail and data quality
- Employs strong data validation practices
- Well-versed in reporting and requirements gathering processes
- Experience with health care and consumer data highly desirable
- Eager learner, collaborative partner, easy communicator, and careful analyst
- Passion for empirical research and answering hard questions with data
Bright Health at a glance
Bright Health focuses on Healthcare Services and Health and Insurance. Their company has offices in Minnesota and Minneapolis. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Bright Health has raised $80M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2016.