The smartest corporate card in New York
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that.
Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
As an Engineering Director at Brex, you will lead & support incredible engineering teams to shape the future of our products and company. We’re looking for a servant leader who values growing the people on their teams alongside a strong desire to develop collaborative & effective organizations.
- Build, lead, and grow successful engineering teams, inclusive of exceptional engineering managers and individual contributors, alongside shown commitment to recruiting great talent. Recruiting is everyone’s responsibility at Brex.
- Set direction for engineering strategy, share context by elaborating the “why”, empower everyone to achieve their best work, and drive execution of projects while setting clear expectations.
- Represent the engineering organization as a stakeholder in cross-functional partnerships and strong empathy for team members, partners, and our customers.
- Guide teams to build and deliver high quality products at scale against tight timelines while encouraging creativity.
- Inspire a collaborative culture and uphold Brex’s values alongside high engineering standards to bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes.
- Several (6+) years of experience in a senior engineering leadership role having managed multiple teams & sub-teams in a high growth environment.
- Strong and effective communication ability to convey complex ideas in a simple manner, apply active listening when working with others, and drive teams to resolutions during discussions.
- Experience driving initiatives across entire engineering organizations and cross-functional teams while setting clear expectations, timelines, and direction.
- A proven track record of building cultures that encourage ambition and foster empathy. You will create and contribute to a healthy and collaborative culture that showcases Brex’s values.
- You lead by example and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive into the team’s work to fill gaps as needed.
- You are a champion for the customer and constantly put yourself in the shoes of your users, and strive to create an intuitive and delightful experience.
- You have high engineering standards and drive yourself & your teams to bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, processes, and more.
- Previous experience having founded a company or were a foundational member of an early-stage start up. We value entrepreneurial spirit & scrappiness!
401k plan (5)
Vacation & paid time off
Free lunch & snacks
Commuter checks & assistance
Brex at a glance
Brex focuses on Payments, Fin Tech, and Financial Technology. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Brex has raised $182.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2018 at a valuation of $1.1B.