The smartest corporate card in New York
Software Engineer, Observability (Remote)
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that.
Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
As an Observability Engineer, you will build our Monitoring Infrastructure (Logging, Metrics, Tracing) and will work closely with Production Engineers to provide the right tooling to measure the reliability of our systems. Your work will impact the design and implementation of libraries, frameworks and services as well as set standards for all other engineering teams to build Highly-Observable Systems.
- Design and build Observable Systems and our Monitoring Infrastructure consisting of: Events Logging, Prometheus Metrics, Distributed Tracing, Log Stream Processing.
- Create libraries and frameworks across a variety of languages (Elixir, Python, NodeJS, Go) to easily build monitoring into services other teams build.
- Own problems end-to-end, thinking through everything from system design, data modeling, scalability, operability and ongoing metrics.
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes you will encounter.
- Collaborate with experts in infrastructure, security and product engineering.
- 4+ years of engineering experience with exposure to distributed systems and services, and a standard of writing high quality code.
- Adaptability to work across tech stacks and ambiguity. We work mainly in Elixir, with some services in Python, NodeJS and Go, however languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework.
- Detail and care about system design and passion for building things correctly from day one, without cutting corners.
- Proven track record of driving execution of projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- You are a champion for the customer and constantly put yourself in the shoes of your users, and strive to create an intuitive and delightful experience.
- You hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- You have high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes.
401k plan (5)
Vacation & paid time off
Free lunch & snacks
Commuter checks & assistance
Brex at a glance
Brex focuses on Payments, Fin Tech, and Financial Technology. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Brex has raised $182.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2018 at a valuation of $1.1B.