Reinventing Single Serve Coffee
Product Design Engineer$90k – $135k • 0.1% – 0.25%
Do you love awesome coffee? Yeah, we thought so. At Brewbird, you are going to make tech that will transform everyone into a champion barista (unless you already happen to be one). As a core member of our engineering team, you will be involved in all stages of design and development, from initial concepts and architecture design, to testing and launch into offices and homes.
Working at the intersection of hardware, software, and coffee, Brewbird is building technology to make it easy and affordable for everyone to have a perfect cup of coffee where they live and work. And we want you to be a part of it. We're backed by some of the best venture funds in the Bay Area, as well as numerous industry leaders and veterans. If you are excited to work at the ground level and get deeply involved in all facets of engineering (all the while drinking the best coffee), we would love to chat with you!
What You'll Be Working On
Brewbird is seeking a versatile and motivated product design engineer to join our rapidly growing team to help us fundamentally change how people access coffee. In this role, you will be collaborating closely with our industrial design group to evolve the design aesthetic and user experience of the brewer. You will conceive, design, test, troubleshoot, and bring into production products that will reinvent the shape of coffee world. Ultimately, the goal is to bring the Brewbird product to life in a contract manufacturing setting, focusing on critical aspects of design for manufacturing and optimizing assemblies.
- BS/MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree
- 3+ years experience in product design
- Expertise in plastic and metal part design required
- Proficiency in with Solidworks or similar CAD software (surface modeling a plus)
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing
- Deep analytical/problem solving skills and ability to use statistical tools and techniques
- Working knowledge of finite element analysis theory and general mechanical engineering analysis
- Ability to travel up to 20%
At Brewbird, we put our people first. In addition to a competitive compensation package with meaningful early stage equity, we provide our employees with flexible paid time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, company sponsored team lunches, unlimited coffee/beverages, and a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking.
Brewbird is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.