Making messages feel like conversations between you and your customers
Braze is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.7 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. We’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation Q3 2017 evaluation, recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, and listed as #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are seeking an experienced, globally-focused Product Manager who can work closely with Design & Engineering teams to manage our SMS and messaging products. You will lead the discovery and delivery of new capabilities designed for the messaging needs of enterprise users. You should have a passion for creating and leveraging leading-edge technologies to create complete customer solutions, enjoy getting out into the field to understand customer needs, and have experience bringing new product ideas to life using a data-driven approach.
You’ll join the Email & Enterprise team, which owns the email, SMS, and enterprise strategy at Braze. This team supports the fastest growing channels at Braze and is critical to the company's continued growth.
- Help manage the product roadmap for our Email and Enterprise team – analyzing inputs from a wide variety of sources to prioritize the most important next steps for our product.
- Deeply understand our customers, market, and technology environment.
- Provide expertise on the problems experienced by email and SMS marketers.
- Collaborate closely with Product Designers, Engineers, Product Managers, and counterparts across the business to scope effective solutions and ensure that we’re building excellent products.
- Establish and manage internal and external customer expectations
- Lead product development in a lean, entrepreneurial start-up environment
WHO YOU ARE
- An experienced builder with 4+ years of Product Management experience.
- You have strong communication, collaboration, organization, and persuasion skills.
- You have a proactive, positive, can-do attitude. You drive projects to completion and are always looking for new ways that processes and products can be improved.
- You have strong technical experience – you understand how distributed systems and mobile technology products work.
- You have an eagerness to learn and grow.
- Experience working at previous ESP’s (Email Service Providers) or SMS providers is very strongly preferred.
- Experience at a high-growth, high-scale technology startup.
- SaaS experience
Deep knowledge of any of the following messaging areas:
- WhatsApp Messenger
WHAT WE OFFER
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events and top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters everyday.
Collaboration! Complete support of your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers.
- Excellent medical insurance and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily lunches, snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.
Health, dental, and vision
We’ve got you covered. Our health, dental, and vision plans are among the best out there. A happy team member is a healthy one.
Globally, we support you as you plan for your future, through regionally tailored programs like 401(k) matching through Betterment in the US.
Flexible vacation policy
Need some real R&R? Take the time you need. Our flexible time off policy lets you balance your work and life in the way that suits you best.
Snacks & more
Need a bite? Grab a drink or a treat with coworkers in our well-stocked common areas. (We even cover lunch.)
Learning & development
We support your professional growth through formal career pathing, the Braze University learning platform, and ongoing enablement to foster success. Want more? Further your education with tuition reimbursement.
Engage with the community
Each year we send team members to conferences around the world to engage with the developer community and learn the latest and greatest updates in all of the technologies we use.
Braze at a glance
Braze focuses on Mobile, SaaS, Analytics, CRM, and Brand Marketing. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, New York, Chicago, and Singapore. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Braze has raised $175.1M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2018 at a valuation of $850M.