Delivering the products you love in bulk, for the best prices - big sizes, and even bigger savings
Senior iOS Engineer
All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEO’s garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient and fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, and our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada and Texas.
We’re a late stage start-up that places technology and innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform and automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines and our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics and other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C and B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful and seamless shopping experience is at the core of who we are. We value each and every customer and every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant and fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, sales people and operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value and experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time and money, which in turn makes their lives easier. That’s where you come in!
We are looking for an exceptionally Senior iOS Developer to add to our growing team. You would play a crucial role in architecting and building the Boxed mobile apps as well as influencing and collaborating with the existing Mobile, Product, Design, and API teams to ensure we offer a world-class customer experience. As part of a small team with significant ownership over the product, you will engineer new features as well as maintaining the quality of the app so that our customers have a great experience shopping with us.
- Be a critical part of not just the technology team but to the company as an excellent problem solver
- Develop high quality UX rich mobile apps for iOS
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team to understand requirements and implement appropriate solutions; including Product Managers, Designers, API Engineers, and QA Analysts
- Optimize applications for performance and overall memory usage
- Consistently ship code that meet your own high standards
- Keep up with the latest development trends in the mobile industry
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 4 years practical experience developing natively in iOS (plus Android a plus)
- Familiar with latest design patterns and guidelines as outlined by Apple and Google
- Experience with Payment Platforms such as Apple Pay, Android Pay, Braintree or Stripe
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- A willingness to share experience with others
- A passion for code quality and adherence to standards
- Experience working with a version control system, especially GIT
- Excellent communications skills
- Keen eye for details and quality at both the code level and the overall application UX
Don’t meet all of our requirements? Not a problem. We’re always looking for fast learners who may have a less than standard path or the exact skillset mentioned above. Please apply anyways and show us why you’re awesome!
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus and technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, “America’s Dream Boss” for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, and lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crain’s list of best places to work in NYC. We’d love to meet you, so apply today!