The Solutions Cloud
Data Developer$120k – $160k • 0.1% – 0.9%
Please read complete description before applying
Borza is a venture-backed startup transforming the IT services industry. Transparent, intuitive, and fun can only start to describe the experiences we create.
As the primary Data Developer, you will be the owner of borza's data catalog. You will also participate in data architecture development and be the primary liaison between Borza, its community, and its customers. You will be building upon your existing experience in developing and managing taxonomies.
Borza's dataset catalog includes hundreds of thousands of datasets. You will be responsible for managing, maintaining, and developing these datasets, as well as engaging our customers and community to assist, curate, and develop new data projects while maintaining data accuracy and freshness.
You have a knack for making data easier to use by understanding and developing schemas and implementing ontologies. Your love for data and understanding of positive user experiences will make you a great candidate for this role.
You hustle. You are open-minded and motivated, and you’ve had experience working in a bustling startup or have a strong desire to do so working with data scientists, community advocates, product managers, software engineers, account managers, or the executive team.
- develop and maintain data catalog
- Assist with data partnerships and projects
- Respond to clients’ data related needs
- Data modeling and organization
- Understanding of content management and data preservation
- Developing knowledge organization systems like controlled vocabularies, metadata schema, and taxonomies.
- Working with a variety of technical stakeholders, including customers.
- Building MySQL or SPARQL queries (Python/R experience a substitute)
- Experienced in Solr
- Comfortable at the Command Line
- Familiarity with Github
- Taxonomy Building
- Tools: Jira, confluence
- Experience using Python/R for data analysis and cleanup
- Familiarity with semantic web technology editing tools and implementing semantic models using RDF, RDFS, OWL, SKOS
- Familiarity with the open data movement
- Technical writing
Master’s Degree in Library and Information Sciences (MLIS), Information Management, or related, OR a Certificate in Data Science, Data Engineering in addition to relevant professional experience
How to apply
To be clear. We are looking for people who are breaking through the walls and ceiling unstoppable.
Convincing us that you get it is not going to be hard. The effort that you put into researching Borza will quickly manifest as an understanding of the problem and what we are doing to solve it. There's plenty of information about us on the internet, and the platform is open for public use.
If you are able to figure out the problem and why solving it matters, then you’re probably a good fit.
Step 1- Cover letter - Required
Step 2- Answer test questions, attach in pdf form with your application. you can access test questions here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xqfYpcImX17tBGsnAM95Iay9dJsQWCjWmVM8z0GMRv0/edit?usp=sharing
Step 3- Submit via Angelist
Borza at a glance
Borza focuses on Enterprise Software, Machine Learning, Marketplaces, Artificial Intelligence, and Technology. Their company has offices in Hyderabad and Los Gatos. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Borza has raised $430K of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.