making referral recruiting effortlessly scalable and infinitely effective
UI/UX Designer (SaaS)
Boon is the world's most engaging referral hiring and reward community. We make it easy and rewarding for people to find and share incredible opportunities with their friends and colleagues.
Our tailored engagement suite and powerful recommendation engine provide a scalable way for users to have more meaningful and authentic interactions with their network. Captivating UI, personalized rewards and intuitive gamification deliver a dynamic experience to keep users highly engaged. Stats and analytics offer transparency and integrity to the entire process.
We are an incredibly passionate team that's driven to provide a beautiful and intuitive experience for our customers and usersl. Your contributions will directly impact the product’s look, feel and functionality. We work in a highly collaborative, very fast-paced work environment.
You should have a meticulous eye for detail. Experience and passion for material design is a must.
What you’ll do:
- Define and establish a common, unified UI library
- Build storyboards, user flows, wireframes, low and high-fidelity mockups, and prototypes to communicate design ideas at the appropriate level of detail
- Create responsive designs and iterate on designs across multiple projects at the same time
- Define entire user experiences, information architectures, and interaction concepts for both web and mobile applications
- Work directly with the founding team and have a direct role in making key product decisions
- Generate highly functional designs and prototypes for user testing and providing the development team with a tangible reference point for builds
- Shepard the user experience across web and mobile solutions by guiding the vision, strategy, and cross-functional
Skills we’re looking for:
- A solid product design portfolio - please include it with your application
- Extensive experience in UX, UI, interaction, and visual design with patterns, tools, and methodologies to draw from
- Able to design autonomously in a responsive, fluid environment and have experience working in an agile and fast-paced surroundings
- A mind filled with beautiful, simple, innovative ideas and a high interest solving complex product challenges
- Experience with prototyping (InVision, Framer, Marvel, etc.) as a way to explore and validate ideas, and to communicate design requirements.
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity in early production definition stages
- You’re extremely detail-oriented and organized
- You’re comfortable with Figma and Sketch
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision - answer “What should we build?”, not just “How should it look?”
- A real passion for designing highly efficient and intuitive user experiences
- A preference for creating clean, “less is more” user interface designs
- Ability to create tasks for yourself and others - we encourage everyone to challenge what should be done and you'd have an equal say in deciding what we're working on
- Ability to give and grow from constructive feedback
You might enjoy working with us because:
- We're committed to creating a diverse and open environment where all ideas are appreciated and explored
- We’re just getting started, meaning you'll play a critical role in helping us build this company (and learn a lot along the way)
- We went through 500 Startups
- We have amazing customers and offer unlimited opportunity for growth
- We’re solving a significant problem for real people in a big way
- We love designing elegant solutions to complex problems
Boon at a glance
Boon focuses on Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Social Recruiting, and Recruiting. Their company has offices in Los Angeles and Culver City. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Boon has raised $185K of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2016 at a valuation of $2M.