Shop the story, not the store
Product Manager$85k – $130k • No equity
Bonsai’s mission is to help people find and buy the products they want, as soon as they realize they want them. We began in 2016 as a streetwear style and news app. Now we’re leading the market shift to content-driven commerce. Bonsai is partnered with 30 of the world’s largest publishers and has integrated 1,200 brands. Our team is 35-strong, and we’ve raised $11M in venture capital.
Our technology allows users to transact natively while browsing content. We make the journey from seeing a product to buying it possible in two taps. Our vision is to make this possible everywhere you discover products. For publishers, we provide a powerful revenue alternative to ads that also improves the user experience. Bonsai allows merchants to capture customers while they browse content, right when purchasing intent is being formed.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our team and manage an eCommerce driven line of business for a significant publisher we’re partnered with. The Product Manager will be responsible for leading a cross-functional team of developers, designers, user researchers, and growth marketers with the help of their respective subject matter experts, through the product lifecycle and contribute to the overall growth and performance of the team and product.
The role (in a nutshell):
- Responsible for setting the medium - long-term direction and strategy for the product based on how to best bring value to users and achieve revenue targets.
- Responsible for documenting and communicating this strategy to all of the relevant team members and stakeholders using formats including a product roadmap, company updates, and a transparent backlog.
- Responsible for the achievement of growth objectives including market share, revenue, profit and return on investment for all the channels/categories of business.
- Act as the business stakeholder on the project focused ultimately on how to move the project’s bottom line using inputs from all relevant stakeholders, such as development, user research, marketing, and our partner’s.
- Manage product concept, to design, sample production, testing, forecast, cost, mass production, promotion, support, and finally, product end of life.
- Oversee all day-to-day processes, from initiative brainstorming and planning meetings to daily scrums and retrospectives.
- Work with the deal’s relationship manager to reconcile our wants with those of our partners to balance aggressive growth plans with feasible execution.
- You’re an experienced Product Manager in the B2C space.
- You’ll have substantial eCommerce experience & knowledge.
- Ability to manage and direct cross-functional teams.
- Have successfully manage end to end lifecycles and shipped multiple products.
- Big bonus: You have a solid knowledge of marketing and growth activities through research, strategic planning and implementation, across channels such as; onsite testing, loyalty program, pricing and promotions strategies, email campaigns, social media, and paid advertising.
What to expect
Review - you’ll hear from us regardless
Intro Call - a quick call with the Head of People to discuss the role and learn who you are!
An interview with some of the team - 45 minutes to go over your background, the role and Bonsai. Also, an excellent time for you to ask any questions you have.
Take-Home Assessment - a realistic problem to solve on your own time
Onsite Interview - a 2-hour onsite interview to meet the team, and your chance to interview us.
Offer - this is the part where we make the offer, you accept, and we all celebrate!
A generous package across healthcare benefits with 100% coverage, as well as a HSA to offer some flexibility.
Work from home friendly
We offer you some balance and the ability to work from home to help with that.
Take as much as you need vacation
We've removed the stress of vacation allowance, providing flexibility to take what you need. As well as sick days, mental health days etc
Monthly fitness allowance
$100 a month to spend on anything from gym classes to sports leagues.
Furry friends welcome!
Learning and development budget
$1000 per year to spend on developing your skills.
We have bi-weekly team events with a budget allocated to our team to choose what they'd like to do!