Provide an optimized checkout experience that is 2x faster than the competition
We are witnessing a massive shift of consumer presence from offline to online. With it, there is a need for technologies that enable online businesses to thrive. Bolt is at the center of this universe leading the next generation of ecommerce, having created a best-in-class buying experience from checkout to fraud detection, payments and more. With our help, retailers can successfully compete with the online retail giants that have the means to invest in technology.
Every engineering team at Bolt is responsible for running and operating the software that they build. DevOps engineers work towards standardizing and supporting all of the rapidly growing teams throughout our organization, assessing their architecture, helping them design scalable services, and fostering excellent operational practices. It's a mission-critical role of ensuring that our systems are always healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale.
The Infrastructure and Security team is based out of San Francisco and is responsible for systems that handle all necessary functions to buy products online as well as build services used to scale and run the business. We are looking for someone who is excited when facing big challenges, thrives when given autonomy to figure out solutions and loves diving deep into complex systems. If this describes you, get in touch with us!
- Work with a passionate, smart and ambitious team of engineers who built large scale systems at Facebook, Amazon, Airbnb, Google, Uber, Salesforce, and Twitter.
- Take ownership of your own projects while pairing with mentors.
- Design and build mission critical systems, products and solutions that companies and consumers alike will rely heavily on.
- Contribute across the stack and learn a wide variety of skills and technologies.
- Work with production systems and on-call processes.
- Learn from and help shape our company's engineering culture.
Example of projects:
- Scale a containerized environment to have global reach across multiple cloud providers.
- Build custom integrations between SaaS services and internally built services.
- Uncover new opportunities for automation and building services to scale the business.
Technologies we use:
- Docker / Kubernetes (EKS)
- Amazon Web Services
- Google Cloud Platform
- Typescript / React
- Scripting: Bash, Python
- Datadog / Bugsnag
- Major Ecommerce platforms
- Do you value customer obsession above all else
- Have the tenacity to see a project to completion
- Consider yourself to be equal part developer and systems engineer
- Capable of being highly autonomous and being part of a self managing team
- Enjoy getting into the intricacy of a highly containerized environment
- Opinionated when it comes to DevOps practices
Medical, dental, & vision
Paid parental leave
Monthly wellness stipend
Monthly team events
Bolt at a glance
Bolt focuses on Enterprise Software, Financial Services, E-Commerce, Payments, and Mobile Payments. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Salt Lake City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Bolt has raised $140.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2020.