Provide an optimized checkout experience that is 2x faster than the competition
Support Engineering Lead
Ecommerce infrastructure on the internet is fragmented and broken. Bolt is a world-class buying experience available for all online businesses. We're building a future where retailers can eliminate the massive operational overhead and technical debt associated with online checkout and payments, and where customers can buy instantly and securely across the internet. To solve such a large problem, we've put together an incredible team and are selectively adding to it.
The Support Engineering team is a critical contributor to customer success, ensuring prompt and effective resolution of our customers’ technical issues. Under your leadership, Bolt Support Engineering will develop a reputation across the industry for our world-class customer service. Your top-notch management and mentorship skills will enable each member of our Support Engineering team to reach their highest potential, and your excellent communication, coding, and problem-solving skills will help us solve the toughest of customer issues. You’ll also be an advocate for the customer internally, leveraging your unique view of our merchant experience to influence improvements across the organization. You’re a great fit for the role if you thrive on the success and growth of your team members, enjoy the thrill of resolving a diverse range of requests, and are highly motivated to deliver exceptional customer outcomes.
- Manage a team of Support Engineers, helping them achieve key goals, expand their coding abilities, & perfect their customer communication skills
- Set goals for the Support Engineering team, and own reporting and analysis of those goals
- Partner with your team and across the organization to resolve escalated technical issues to a high degree of satisfaction, always building toward long-term customer success
- Interface with business owners, eCommerce directors, and developers on the Bolt platform as you and your team resolve their issues
- Expand Support’s partnership with Bolt’s core engineering teams, developing processes and tools to facilitate improved communication and bug resolution
- Spearhead innovations in our support operations
- Act as the voice of the customer by translating, aggregating, and representing customer feedback to the Product team, Customer Education Team, and other key stakeholders
- Strategically partner with Customer Success managers to prioritize issues and maintain strong customer relationships
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in engineering roles at eCommerce, Payments, Retail, or Software companies
- 2+ years in an engineering management or customer service management role at a software company
- Domain expertise in eCommerce
- Outstanding customer empathy
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Shopping Cart Platforms (WooCommerce, Magento, Shopify, BigCommerce, Miva, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, SuiteCommerce)
Experience with Google Analytics & Facebook Pixel (Bonus)
Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires an accommodation, please let us know.
Medical, dental, & vision
Paid parental leave
Monthly wellness stipend
Monthly team events