The leading Digital Therapeutics For Digestive Health
Frontend Software Engineer£45k – £65k • 0.4% – 1.5%
Bold Health is a leading digital therapeutics company focusing on people who experience Digestive diseases/disorders. What are digital therapeutics you say? Well, it’s essentially software as a drug, thus more scalable and with much fewer side effects. We aim to improve the lives of people with gut health challenges by helping them reduce and manage their symptoms better.
We are looking for a Frontend Software Engineer to join our team and own the frontend of Bold Health’s web client, to begin with. You will partner closely with our Product Engineer alongside our CTO and you'll often work with our Lead UX/UI Designer and Chief Product Officer.
We stand strongly by good engineering principles, so concepts like linting and testing are given due respect.
Our stack contains:
- React Apollo
You’ll stay busy at Bold Health working on the following:
- Ownership: Work directly with the tech leadership to build great products
- Ownership: Implement maintainable code
- Coding: Frontend, security & infrastructure to build out the new platform
- DevOps: Manage deployments, and maintaining infrastructure (CI, CD, monitoring tools and build pipelines)
- Code Quality: Code reviews (continuous code quality improvement), mentor team members, learning, and share knowledge along the way
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a strong background in React, Typescript, Graphql
- You have built and deployed services at scale
- You've worked on products where experimentation and data science are core to the development process
- You're committed to quality as a top priority, including security and performance
- You have a point of view but are low on ego
- You have a track record of trying and learning new things
We want an awesome and trustworthy engineer to ship great products with.
Your first 6 & 12 months
- Six months: Take ownership for the delivery of new product features working on the front and coordinating backend updates.
- Twelve months: Help us scale the product to support over 500,000 customers, onboard new team members as we grow the product squad and influence our roadmap.
- A contagious passion for startups: You've worked in a distributed environment before and love the flexibility and autonomy that provides you.
- You've also worked in an early-stage company and understand that it will require you to wear many hats!
- An eye for great (UX) design: You have a solid grasp of UX patterns across platforms and understand the value of design. A slick animation or a beautiful interface can make your day.
- An insatiable appetite for knowledge and growth: We're interested in someone who is excited to learn, always asking questions, able to problem solve, and humble enough to know their limitations but committed to taking and applying feedback.
- You build with purpose: Cool tech and building are great but if it doesn't solve a problem for our community or help us reach our business goals then it's a distraction and lacks focus. You understand this and strive to reach a balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
Successful candidates will benefit from:
- A competitive salary
- Stock options
- 28 days holiday per year
- Flexible working from home when needed
- Regular social events with social impact entrepreneurs and startups in our Google for startup community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
No recruiters please