We build flexible, and customizable ecommerce apps that make your online store more powerful
What is Bold Commerce?Named one of Canada’s fastest-growing tech companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce is a software company specializing in innovative ecommerce apps and solutions for businesses of all sizes. We empower merchants both big and small by providing them with tools to make their ecommerce stores truly awesome.
Staples Canada, Vera Bradley and Harry Rosen are among the 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries around the world that trust Bold’s suite of ecommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We're made up of more than 350 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe ecommerce, and truly give a shit about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the BUILDERS Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs and values that help to shape this amazing company. We believe in challenging each other to create the best products and to constantly improve, all to ensure we deliver the best results to our merchants at all times.
Why work at Bold?Our founders have worked to create and maintain a place that our employees look forward to coming to every day. A place where you can learn and grow, where your ideas are valued and where you can do cool things, all while contributing to the larger success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration in order to allow everyone to do their best work every day.
The Bold team is looking for a full-time Accounting Manager to join our Finance Team. In the role of Accounting Manager, you will plan, execute and manage the day-to-day accounting functions of Bold and its subsidiaries. The Accounting Manager will review and analyze financial results, including reconciliations and supporting schedules, prepare management and ad-hoc reports, as well as overseeing revenue reporting, billing and collection. The candidate will be a proactive self-starter who will work with a small team and is committed to delivering accurate results on a timely basis.
We believe in allowing our team a lot of responsibility and autonomy, so we offer a casual and fun work environment.
Here's What We Need From You:
- Post-secondary education in Commerce or Business with the CPA designation
- Minimum 3 years of progressive accounting experience
- Belief in our core values
- Proven ability to take initiative and roll your sleeves up to get the job done
- Strong ability to develop processes and build frameworks to enable fast and efficient growth
- Excellent knowledge of Financial Reporting requirements, tax compliance, budgeting, forecasting & analysis
- Passion for all things numbers. You are an analytical thinker who is very detail oriented with intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Past experience preparing, reviewing, and maintaining all accounting functions
- Being a generally awesome human being. We want someone great to work with!
Other Skills That Will Get You Far:
- An understanding of the tech / ecommerce / SaaS space
- Strong knowledge of tax compliance, including international taxes
- Experience with accounting system conversions
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Impress us with anything else you can do! Juggle knives, make a killer mixtape, or baking delicious pastries
We offer an employee share ownership program, so that everyone in our company has a voice.
10% time: work on a project of your choice that helps you develop new skills during working hours.
Mentorship programs and career pathing.
Yearly education fund of $500 for every employee.
Innovate or die hackathons: every four months, you can take 48 hours to work on a project of your choice that betters bold, either on your own or in collaboration with fellow employees.
20 working hours a year toward volunteering in the community.
Open door policy across the organization, all the way to bold’s founders and leadership team.
Town hall meetings every friday where all employees get an inside scoop on what’s happening.
“ask us anything” q&a session with our leadership team once a month.
Bold Commerce at a glance
Bold Commerce focuses on Information Technology, E-Commerce, Information Services, and Software. Their company has offices in Winnipeg. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Bold Commerce has raised $16.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.