We build flexible, and customizable ecommerce apps that make your online store more powerful
Product Marketing Manager (Enterprise)
What is Bold Commerce?Named one of Canada’s fastest-growing tech companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce is a software company specializing in innovative ecommerce apps and solutions for businesses of all sizes. We empower merchants both big and small by providing them with tools to make their ecommerce stores truly awesome.
Staples Canada, Vera Bradley and Harry Rosen are among the 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries around the world that trust Bold’s suite of ecommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We're made up of more than 350 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe ecommerce, and truly give a shit about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the BUILDERS Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs and values that help to shape this amazing company. We believe in challenging each other to create the best products and to constantly improve, all to ensure we deliver the best results to our merchants at all times.
Why work at Bold?Our founders have worked to create and maintain a place that our employees look forward to coming to every day. A place where you can learn and grow, where your ideas are valued and where you can do cool things, all while contributing to the larger success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration in order to allow everyone to do their best work every day.
Bold is looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager to play a critical role in executing growth and marketing strategies that will lead us further into the enterprise space. Reporting to the VP of Product Marketing, you will use your expertise to influence product and business development decisions to meet the needs of our enterprise target audience. Ultimately, you will drive adoption of our products, cross-functional efforts to launch new products, and market share. You will also apply strong writing skills to develop content, along with data and insights to help refine your campaigns. The ultimate goal of this role is to make sure we are building the right products and to drive growth and usage of various products within the enterprise space.
The ideal candidate will have several years of experience in API driven eCommerce and B2B, a solid understanding of product marketing fundamentals, product strategy, and growth marketing, as well as a track record of strong cross-functional leadership.
Here’s what you will do
- Serve as a knowledge expert on our enterprise customers, building an understanding of their needs and the purchase decision process
- Assess and analyze the market and competitive landscape - technology trends, ecosystem developments, and competitive offerings
- Develop a deep understanding of the lifecycle of Bold’s merchants and identify opportunities for growth and optimization
- Define the strategy for generating a sales pipeline, deciding how to propel prospects through the buyer’s journey of awareness, consideration, decision, retention and advocacy
- Create and execute on a wide range of content campaigns to drive awareness and engagement, including relevant content such as webinars, ebooks, infographics, drip email campaigns, blogs, etc.
- Collaborate with team members to drive traffic to our content and optimize marketing funnels
- Run marketing campaigns and other growth initiatives end-to-end spanning all marketing channels including email, social and digital advertising
- Work cross-functionally with product, sales, Merchant Success and creative to meet growth targets
- Ensure that all content is in line with both Bold’s brand and overall marketing goals
- Use your understanding of the competition and ecosystem, coupled with an understanding of our product, to influence product and business development decisions
- Demonstrate skill at preparing business cases and gaining cross-functional alignment in order to help build and grow new products / services
Here’s what we need from you
- Desire to get shit done
- Belief in our core values
- 5-7 years of related experience, ideally 2+ years of business-to-business product marketing experience
- Direct experience in API driven ecommerce is a big asset
- Extensive knowledge of product marketing fundamentals
- Experience in related e-commerce categories (e.g. platforms, shipping, payments, web design) is an asset
- Experience with enterprise level clients or SMBs in a complex ecosystem
- Highly organized and skilled at balancing multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast paced environment
- An entrepreneurial spirit and drive to execute
- Strategic thinking and the ability to distill a lot of information into actionable insights and recommendations for the business
- A passion for solving real customer needs with technology and talking to them directly as well as through empathetic marketing messaging
- Demonstrated success with end-to-end marketing campaign design, implementation, and project management
- Experience in developing messaging, product positioning, content and journey mapping, and measurement
- Familiarity with inbound and outbound channels (Digital, events, sales outreach, email, partner, content marketing)
- Experience with Hubspot, JIRA, and Google Analytics is an asset
- Tech savvy with a passion for software and technology solutions and the ability to pick up new technical skills quickly
- A creative thinker with strong communication skills, able to effectively articulate concepts to management and teams
- Ability to cultivate an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement
We offer an employee share ownership program, so that everyone in our company has a voice.
10% time: work on a project of your choice that helps you develop new skills during working hours.
Mentorship programs and career pathing.
Yearly education fund of $500 for every employee.
Innovate or die hackathons: every four months, you can take 48 hours to work on a project of your choice that betters bold, either on your own or in collaboration with fellow employees.
20 working hours a year toward volunteering in the community.
Open door policy across the organization, all the way to bold’s founders and leadership team.
Town hall meetings every friday where all employees get an inside scoop on what’s happening.
“ask us anything” q&a session with our leadership team once a month.
Bold Commerce at a glance
Bold Commerce focuses on Information Technology, E-Commerce, Information Services, and Software. Their company has offices in Winnipeg. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Bold Commerce has raised $16.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.