We build flexible, and customizable ecommerce apps that make your online store more powerful
What is Bold Commerce?Named one of Canada’s fastest-growing tech companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce is a software company specializing in innovative ecommerce apps and solutions for businesses of all sizes. We empower merchants both big and small by providing them with tools to make their ecommerce stores truly awesome.
Staples Canada, Vera Bradley and Harry Rosen are among the 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries around the world that trust Bold’s suite of ecommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We're made up of more than 350 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe ecommerce, and truly give a shit about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the BUILDERS Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs and values that help to shape this amazing company. We believe in challenging each other to create the best products and to constantly improve, all to ensure we deliver the best results to our merchants at all times.
Why work at Bold?Our founders have worked to create and maintain a place that our employees look forward to coming to every day. A place where you can learn and grow, where your ideas are valued and where you can do cool things, all while contributing to the larger success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration in order to allow everyone to do their best work every day.
The Bold team is looking for a Developer for our Kickbooster team.
Kickbooster is a team within Bold that focuses on building solutions for the crowdfunding space. Currently, the team provides Project Creators with the industry’s leading referral program, while developing new initiatives. The referral program enables Project Creators to provide a real incentive for friends, family, large media agencies, and social influencers to share and promote their campaign, greatly increasing their chances of success. Kickbooster also offers an environment where professional content creators, Affiliate Marketers and Social Influencers can gain immediate access to hundreds of crowdfunding campaigns that offer commission for helping spread the word about their projects. If you are looking to make a real hands-on difference on a small, nimble, and growing team, we encourage you to apply.
With some powerful new crowdfunding solutions in the works, we’re excited to grow the Kickbooster team!
Here's what we need from you
- Desire to get shit done! You must have a work ethic that demonstrates dedication and commitment to the company’s mission and BUILDERS Code
- minimum 3-5+ years of experience in a development role and capable of leading a project
- You have completed post-secondary education in Computer Science, an equivalent program, and/ or have related work experience
- You have a desire and interest to learn Ruby
- You have a true desire to make a real difference where you work
- You have a proven ability to take a feature from concept to production
- You are entrepreneurial. We trust everyone on our team to make bold choices and do what is best to grow the company
- You are enjoyable to work with because you’re great at what you do, your skill and work ethic encourages the entire team to improve their craft
- You are a genuinely awesome human being and want to elevate yourself and the team around you!
Other skills that will get you far
- Experience working with Rails, or other Symfony based frameworks
- Front-end frameworks like React, Angular, or VueJS
- Docker, Kubernetes, and Google Cloud Platform or another cloud platform
- Comfortable with macOS or Linux
- CircleCI, Concourse, or other CI systems
- Postgres, MySQL, or other database management systems
- Experience with or interest in TDD, CI, and CD
We offer an employee share ownership program, so that everyone in our company has a voice.
10% time: work on a project of your choice that helps you develop new skills during working hours.
Mentorship programs and career pathing.
Yearly education fund of $500 for every employee.
Innovate or die hackathons: every four months, you can take 48 hours to work on a project of your choice that betters bold, either on your own or in collaboration with fellow employees.
20 working hours a year toward volunteering in the community.
Open door policy across the organization, all the way to bold’s founders and leadership team.
Town hall meetings every friday where all employees get an inside scoop on what’s happening.
“ask us anything” q&a session with our leadership team once a month.
Bold Commerce at a glance
Bold Commerce focuses on Information Technology, E-Commerce, Information Services, and Software. Their company has offices in Winnipeg. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Bold Commerce has raised $16.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.