We build flexible, and customizable ecommerce apps that make your online store more powerful
Senior Sales Engineer
What is Bold Commerce?Named one of Canada’s fastest-growing tech companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce is a software company specializing in innovative ecommerce apps and solutions for businesses of all sizes. We empower merchants both big and small by providing them with tools to make their ecommerce stores truly awesome.
Staples Canada, V-Dog and KONG Box are among the 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries around the world that trust Bold’s suite of ecommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We're made up of more than 350 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe ecommerce, and truly give a shit about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the BUILDERS Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs and values that help to shape this amazing company. We believe in challenging each other to create the best products and to constantly improve, all to ensure we deliver the best results to our merchants at all times.
Why work at Bold?Our founders have worked to create and maintain a place that our employees look forward to coming to every day. A place where you can learn and grow, where your ideas are valued and where you can do cool things, all while contributing to the larger success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration in order to allow everyone to do their best work every day.
WHAT'S AWESOME ABOUT THIS JOB?
If you're passionate about ecommerce, love designing solutions, and are a people person, this is your dream job! Reporting to the CRO, the senior sales engineer will be working with our sales teams to identify creative opportunities for our high value merchants. In this role you will become an expert in Bold’s applications and will use your industry and technical knowledge to package apps into one solution for our merchants. Ultimately, you will help our sales team reach their objectives and help accelerate our growth.
You will Deliver Results by:
- Becoming the expert on Bold products and solutions
- Representing Bold as a technical leader and advise both customers and partners in strategic sales opportunities
- Providing product demonstrations and create compelling business cases for top enterprise merchants
- Teaching and mentoring the sales team and other members of our organization on custom functionalities of our apps
- Analyzing client requirements and documentation
- Translating system architecture trends into product requirements
- Influencing sales strategies and practices by building relationships with leaders across the business
- Educating prospects on eCommerce recommendations and best practices
- Leading consultative solution audits for top prospects
- Engaging closely with our Agency and Tech Partners
Here's what we need from you:
- 5+ years experience as a technical leader, consultant, or advisor in the eCommerce space
- Proven track record of successful projects from concept to implementation
- Knowledge of e-commerce platforms and ecosystem
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to cultivate trust and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, collaborating often and holding team members accountable
- Comfortable presenting to C-level business executives as well as detailed, in-depth discussions with a technical audience
- Strong documentation experience; using terminology for all levels of the organization, including tech specs, formal statements of work and gantt charts
- Experience in visual modelling, including business and software flows
- Experience in requirements elicitation and in writing high-level requirements documentation
- Ability to teach / educate clients in how to use our apps to showcase features applicable to the merchant
- Ability to tailor a technical solution to fit a merchants needs
- Ability to explain technical information to a non-technical audience
- Experience in responding to RFPs and writing Proposals
We offer an employee share ownership program, so that everyone in our company has a voice.
10% time: work on a project of your choice that helps you develop new skills during working hours.
Mentorship programs and career pathing.
Yearly education fund of $500 for every employee.
Innovate or die hackathons: every four months, you can take 48 hours to work on a project of your choice that betters bold, either on your own or in collaboration with fellow employees.
20 working hours a year toward volunteering in the community.
Open door policy across the organization, all the way to bold’s founders and leadership team.
Town hall meetings every friday where all employees get an inside scoop on what’s happening.
“ask us anything” q&a session with our leadership team once a month.
Bold Commerce at a glance
Bold Commerce focuses on Information Technology, E-Commerce, Information Services, and Software. Their company has offices in Winnipeg. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Bold Commerce has raised $16.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.