We build flexible, and customizable ecommerce apps that make your online store more powerful
Software Development Team Lead
What is Bold Commerce?Named one of Canada’s fastest-growing tech companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce is a software company specializing in innovative ecommerce apps and solutions for businesses of all sizes. We empower merchants both big and small by providing them with tools to make their ecommerce stores truly awesome.
Staples Canada, Vera Bradley and Harry Rosen are among the 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries around the world that trust Bold’s suite of ecommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We're made up of more than 350 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe ecommerce, and truly give a shit about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the BUILDERS Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs and values that help to shape this amazing company. We believe in challenging each other to create the best products and to constantly improve, all to ensure we deliver the best results to our merchants at all times.
Why work at Bold?Our founders have worked to create and maintain a place that our employees look forward to coming to every day. A place where you can learn and grow, where your ideas are valued and where you can do cool things, all while contributing to the larger success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration in order to allow everyone to do their best work every day.
Bold is looking for a Software Development Lead to join our Custom Solutions Team! Leading a team of developers, you’ll apply your experience as an active contributor to our growing codebase to implement new features, squash bugs and improve the overall product to impress our clients. Your team will also rely on your technical input during planning, design, and requirements-gathering. You will need top-notch communication skills to convey your thoughts and ideas in a clear fashion across various mediums. Communication is critical not only internally, but also customer-facing.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Likes to get shit done
- Thrives in an environment of talented, hard-working people
- Resonates with our values
- Is motivated and passionate about shipping high quality software
- Strong understanding of software development process
- Knowledge of PHP, including Laravel or other frameworks
- Has experience with front-end frameworks like React, Angular, or VueJS
- Has experience with relational databases such as mySQL
- Has experience working with REST APIs
- Is driven to take a feature from concept to production
- Has an understanding of how to build scalable and secure distributed systems
- Has post-secondary education in Computer Science or equivalent program and/or related work experience. We are looking for a wide range of experience!
- Has experience managing projects using Git
- Has experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Comfortable providing constructive feedback to internal and external stakeholders
- Has experience coaching a team of developers through Code Reviews and pair programming
- Has experience collaborating with Business Analysts to fully architect a solution
- Experience with or interest in TDD, CI, and CD
We offer an employee share ownership program, so that everyone in our company has a voice.
10% time: work on a project of your choice that helps you develop new skills during working hours.
Mentorship programs and career pathing.
Yearly education fund of $500 for every employee.
Innovate or die hackathons: every four months, you can take 48 hours to work on a project of your choice that betters bold, either on your own or in collaboration with fellow employees.
20 working hours a year toward volunteering in the community.
Open door policy across the organization, all the way to bold’s founders and leadership team.
Town hall meetings every friday where all employees get an inside scoop on what’s happening.
“ask us anything” q&a session with our leadership team once a month.
Bold Commerce at a glance
Bold Commerce focuses on Information Technology, E-Commerce, Information Services, and Software. Their company has offices in Winnipeg. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Bold Commerce has raised $16.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.