We build flexible, and customizable ecommerce apps that make your online store more powerful
Senior Software Developer
What is Bold Commerce?Named one of Canada’s fastest-growing tech companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce is a software company specializing in innovative ecommerce apps and solutions for businesses of all sizes. We empower merchants both big and small by providing them with tools to make their ecommerce stores truly awesome.
Staples Canada, Vera Bradley and Harry Rosen are among the 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries around the world that trust Bold’s suite of ecommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We're made up of more than 350 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe ecommerce, and truly give a shit about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the BUILDERS Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs and values that help to shape this amazing company. We believe in challenging each other to create the best products and to constantly improve, all to ensure we deliver the best results to our merchants at all times.
Why work at Bold?Our founders have worked to create and maintain a place that our employees look forward to coming to every day. A place where you can learn and grow, where your ideas are valued and where you can do cool things, all while contributing to the larger success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration in order to allow everyone to do their best work every day.
More than just technical skills, we’re looking for like-minded individuals who are generally awesome and will make the office a better place for everyone.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Likes to get shit done
- Resonates with our values
- Is motivated and passionate about shipping high quality software
- Is driven to take a feature from concept to production
- Has an understanding of software delivery
- Experience designing, building, and running systems at scale
- Ability to apply software design patterns in a real-world environment
- Has experience with TDD, CI, and CD
- Has experience working with and designing REST APIs
- Loves learning new things, as well as sharing knowledge and mentoring
- Has a post-secondary education in Computer Science or equivalent program and/or related work experience
- Thrives in an environment of talented, hard-working people
- 7+ years experience working as a developer
Other skills that will get you far:
- Contributing back to open source (we ❤️ OSS)
- Experience working with Laravel, or other Symfony based frameworks
- Docker, Kubernetes, and Google Cloud Platform or another cloud platform
- Concourse, Jenkins, or other CI systems
- MySQL, Postgres, or other database management systems
- Front-end Frameworks like React, Angular, or VueJS
- Comfortable with OSX or Linux
We offer an employee share ownership program, so that everyone in our company has a voice.
10% time: work on a project of your choice that helps you develop new skills during working hours.
Mentorship programs and career pathing.
Yearly education fund of $500 for every employee.
Innovate or die hackathons: every four months, you can take 48 hours to work on a project of your choice that betters bold, either on your own or in collaboration with fellow employees.
20 working hours a year toward volunteering in the community.
Open door policy across the organization, all the way to bold’s founders and leadership team.
Town hall meetings every friday where all employees get an inside scoop on what’s happening.
“ask us anything” q&a session with our leadership team once a month.
Bold Commerce at a glance
Bold Commerce focuses on Information Technology, E-Commerce, Information Services, and Software. Their company has offices in Winnipeg. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Bold Commerce has raised $16.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.