The Elastic Python Cloud Engine
Lead Research Platform Engineer$100k – $140k • 0.1% – 0.4%
Lead Research Platform Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA or remote
The data produced and stored in the enterprise is growing exponentially, which presents an immense opportunity for transforming industries through advanced analytics and AI. Bodo is an early-stage VC-backed startup that develops the platform for what we are calling “Elastic Python Cloud”, providing leadership performance and capabilities, advanced analytics and AI. Bodo allows deployment of Python analytics code to production without re-write/re-engineering in Spark, SQL, C++, while providing HPC scalability and performance. Bodo is already deployed at companies such as a Fortune 10 enterprise with great success.
Bodo is looking for a Lead Research Platform Engineer with deep computer science and cloud platform knowledge to develop Bodo’s revolutionary cloud analytics platform. This requires a strong entrepreneurship spirit and the ability to turn challenging technical ideas into reality. As a core member of the Bodo engineering team, you will be building the fastest, most scalable and accessible analytics platform for data scientists and data engineers, with significant impact in large-scale enterprise cluster and cloud compute environments.
- Architect, develop, deploy and maintain Bodo’s cloud analytics platform
- Enhance simplicity, robustness, efficiency and scalability of the Bodo Platform
- Optimize the platform architecture to meet Bodo’s unique performance requirements
- Design features that are coherent, consistent, and feel familiar to data scientists and data engineers
- Ensure portability of Bodo Platform across providers as well as on-premise solutions
- Lead various efforts in platform development
Qualifications and Skills
- Ph.D, M.S, or B.S. degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience (or Ph.D) in development of cloud platforms
- Deep hands-on technical knowledge in distributed systems and infrastructure
- Expertise in cloud technologies: Kubernetes (K8s), Go, Docker, Amazon AWS APIs, microservices, etc.
- Hands-on experience with data science and ML platforms (e.g. Spark/EMR) is desirable
Bodo provides competitive salary, significant equity stake, full benefits, and flexible working hours. Developing a new complex technology and building an enterprise-grade software product around it is not easy - we are looking for technologists with strong passion and drive to make it happen!
Bodo at a glance
Bodo focuses on Enterprise Software, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Big Data Analytics. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and Pittsburgh. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.bodo.ai/