Compiler Engineer$100k – $140k • 0.1% – 0.4%
Pittsburgh, PA or remote
The data produced and stored in the enterprise is growing exponentially, which presents an immense opportunity for transforming industries through advanced analytics and AI. Bodo is an early-stage VC-backed startup that develops the engine for what we are calling “Elastic Python Cloud”, providing leadership performance and capabilities advanced analytics and AI. Bodo allows deployment of Python analytics code to production without re-write/re-engineering in Spark, SQL, C++, while providing HPC scalability and performance. Bodo is already deployed at companies such as a Fortune 10 enterprise with great success.
Bodo is looking for compiler engineers with deep computer science knowledge, who also have a strong entrepreneurship spirit and can turn challenging technical ideas into reality. As a core member of the Bodo engineering team, you will work on some of the most difficult problems in programming systems and data infrastructure, with significant impact in large-scale enterprise cluster and cloud compute environments.
- Develop Bodo’s compiler engine to optimize complex analytics/AI programs.
- Develop Bodo’s ETL engine for complex query patterns.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ph.D, M.S, or B.S. degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of experience (or Ph.D) in developing and debugging complex compiler systems especially in C/C++ and/or Python
- Expertise or the ability to quickly learn various skills in:
- Compiler optimization analysis and transformations (e.g. using LLVM)
- Parallel computing and HPC (e.g. using MPI)
- Working with Python internals (e.g. using Numba, Cython, CPython)
Bodo provides competitive salary, significant equity stake, full benefits, and flexible working hours. Developing a new complex technology and building an enterprise-grade software product around it is not easy - we are looking for technologists with strong passion and drive to make it happen!
Bodo at a glance
Bodo focuses on Enterprise Software, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Big Data Analytics. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and Pittsburgh. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.bodo.ai/