Universal Cryptocurrency Governance Dashboard
Senior Frontend Engineer$120k – $120k • 0.5% – 1.0%
Who we are
Boardroom is a universal governance management portal and SDK built to enable token holders, issuers, and delegates to frictionlessly participate in decisionmaking across diverse protocols. We strive to provide crucial middleware for the immensely fragmented crypto governance and communications ecosystem and envision that our platform will facilitate stakeholder identification, communication, discourse, and voting tools that help projects properly manage their governance systems in the long run.
We are a small team and you will have a lot of ownership over the product and a substantial impact on our success. We are thoughtful about code quality, testing, and architecture, we push code to production confidently multiple times a day and are strengthening our monitoring, alerting, and debugging tools for production. We value positive energy, continuous learning, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background.
Who you are
As our first hire, you will be a critical member of the Boardroom team with a lot of influence over our future direction. You will gain ownership over our existing suite of web products, as well as the ability to influence the ideation, design, and execution of future products. You will be responsible for ensuring a consistent, high-quality user experience, dashboard pages, documentation portals, and more.
You are an enthusiastic, self-motivated engineer to help us build not only a product but a high functioning organization. You’re comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; you have exquisite attention to detail, and you’re comfortable learning new technologies and systems. You don’t mind getting your hands dirty and occasionally go above and beyond what their job description says on paper. You’re excited about the future of distributed decision making and coordination, and excited to build that future with Boardroom!
- Accountable generalist, who is a self-starter
- Passion for community ownership
- New models for decision making
- Interest in crypto
- Collaborative with protocol teams
- Able to conduct user research
We have a “show not tell” culture and we’d love to understand how you work. Here’s an optional exercise to demonstrate how you build and think. Feel free to showcase past projects or build something from scratch - it’s up to you!
Build your own quick and dirty subgraph indexing any type of data (https://thegraph.com/)
Integrate data from a source of your choosing into a simple app or widget.
Link to what you’ve built and write a short paragraph that describes your approach. Give us a sense of how you thought about the problem and made choices.
- Translate our mockups into a Web3 enabled dashboard
- Modify our subgraph in order to index smart contract data
- Lead sprints and manage product and design lifecycles
- Define a long term vision for maintaining and scaling our frontend
- Create trustworthy user experiences by building interfaces that are simple, easy to comprehend, performant and reliable
- Build, test and ship new user-facing experiences and features in modern tools like React, ES6, Styled Components, Jest and Webpack
- Help turn our vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter by working with engineers, product managers, and senior leadership, by taking ownership and driving projects forward with little structure or guidance
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction
Expectations / Skills
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Proficiency with modern development tools, like Travis, Babel, Webpack, NPM, and Git
- Experience with both consuming and designing RESTful API and GraphQL
- Good understanding of HTML5 and CSS3
- You write high quality, well-tested code to meet the needs of your customers
- You’re comfortable with identifying and fixing performance bottlenecks
- Experience working with blockchain technology (e.g. wallets, escrow, multi-sigs, on-chain analytics)
- Experience working in distributed/remote teams, and are generally self-directed
- You’re passionate about building open systems that bring the world together
For the initial team members, salary compensation is expected to be slightly below market rate with long-term incentive alignment coming from a generous vesting allocation.
- $120K+ per year
- 0.5-1% equity