Better, Leaner, Faster, Safer Software Delivery
Senior Java Software Engineer₹18L – ₹25L
*Who are we? *
BlueOptima provides industry-leading objective metrics in software development using our proprietary Coding Effort Analytics. We enable large organisations to deliver better software, faster and at a lower cost.
Founded in 2006, BlueOptima is a profitable, high-growth independent software company. Our unique technology was initially devised in seminal research carried out at Cambridge University.
We are headquartered in London with offices in New York, Phoenix, Bangalore, Gurgaon and Guadalajara.
BlueOptima’s technology is deployed by global enterprises to drive value from their software development activities. We work with 12 of the Fortune 50 Companies, 4 of the top 10 biggest banks by Market Capital and 6 of the S&P 50 Companies (by revenue).
Our technology is pushing the limits of complex analytics on large data-sets with more than 15 billion static source code metric observations of software engineers working in an Enterprise software development environment.
BlueOptima is an Equal Opportunities employer.
*What does the role involve? *
The senior software engineer will be responsible for all aspects of software development including application architecture, designing, coding and unit testing. This is a hands-on position and the candidate is expected to write code on daily basis. The engineer will be part of a global software development team and should have strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Take part in software and architectural development activities
- Transform requirements into implementation details
- Debug application issues and helping support respond to client queries
- Participate in application development meetings
- Provide accurate estimates, clearly communicate status of tasks and identification of risks
- Commitment to accomplishing the task at hand and identify the fastest and most reliable way to solve a problem
- Performance tuning of application code at different service levels
- Incorporate design changes to improve performance of the application
- Interact with customers of the application and help address issues reported
- Interact with customers of the application and collect requirements or potential uses cases and draft technical and user requirements
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years experience with Java and J2EE/Java EE
- Minimum 2+ years experience with multithreaded application development
- Experience with SOAP/RESTful API development
- Strong understanding of relational database and normal forms
- Strong understanding of SQL concepts and ability to write optimised and high performing queries
- Strong understanding of Java concurrency, concurrency patterns, experience building thread safe code
- Experience with web application servers like JBoss
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and time management skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong debugging skills
- Experience using task tracking systems e.g. Jira and distributed version control systems e.g. Git
- Understanding of testNg/JUnit
- Unix/Windows shell and related command line tools
- Experience in Continuous Integration and deployment tools such as Jenkins
- Good to have experience with Spring MVC, Spring Security and Hibernate
- Experience with tools and frameworks like ANT, Maven, Dockers
Why work for us?
- Above market remuneration
- Stimulating challenges that fully utilise your skills
- Travel opportunities to BlueOptima's international offices
- Work on real-world technical problems to which solution cannot simply be found on the internet
- Working alongside other passionate, talented engineers
- Our fast-growing company offers the potential for rapid career progression
BlueOptima at a glance
BlueOptima focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, and Software. Their company has offices in New York City, Phoenix, London, Guadalajara, and Gurugram. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees.