Bluecrew is helping you earn top pay for the jobs that fit your life
Performance Marketing Manager
Performance Marketing Manager
Bluecrew - Chicago, IL OR Seattle, WA
Recognized by Fast Company as one of the world’s most innovative companies, Bluecrew is a W-2 staffing technology platform that makes it easy to hire and manage a flexible workforce—from on-demand to long-term. Employers get instant access to pre-screened workers, and workers get to choose jobs that fit their life with the benefits and protections they deserve.
Founded in 2015, Bluecrew is disrupting the traditional staffing model (an industry worth $130 billion which is almost exclusively offline) with a mobile-first platform that offers workers control, flexibility, and protection, while instantly connecting them to high quality, short and long-term employment opportunities. Unlike gig economy platforms, all Crew Members are W-2 employees of Bluecrew, receiving benefits and protections like minimum wage, overtime, sick pay, and workers' compensation. Bluecrew has offices in Chicago and Seattle with a presence in markets nationwide and is owned and operated by IAC.
Bluecrew’s marketing team is looking for an analytical, growth-minded performance marketer to lead and scale our customer acquisition programs, which for Bluecrew means getting our app in the hands of the right Crew Members, in the right locations, and with the right skills to fill jobs on our platform.
The marketing team at Bluecrew is leading a digital revolution in an industry that is still being run offline with old school tactics, and you will be a driving force on the team that wants to change the way hourly workers find jobs. This is a results-oriented role where you’d be developing a plan with a data-first approach, executing, and nimbly iterating with a strong test-and-learn mentality to hit key goals and metrics.
In this role, you’ll define acquisition strategies and set goals, work with external media platforms and agencies, develop and execute campaigns, and manage to results. We heavily favor programmatic and always-on programs, so we are looking for someone who likes automated solutions and efficiency, but we also love to experiment and are always looking for the new ways to acquire users.
- Oversee development, execution, and effectiveness of both paid and free (app store optimization, SEO) marketing programs
- Drive acquisition of new users by scaling existing programs and consistently finding and testing new, innovative programs
- Manage external relationships with vendors, media partners, and agencies
- Work cross functionally on a regular basis to understand and anticipate specific user acquisition needs (geography, skillset, etc.) and execute programs to respond to those needs
- Analyze campaign and customer data to understand the effectiveness of our marketing, understand our users, report on results, and develop actionable insights
- Partner with finance to manage budgets and forecasts for marketing spend
- Work with the product and engineering teams to build scalable programs by automating manual processes and tasks and ensuring we have the right integrations with our partners
- Consistently setup up, manage, and report on tests with a rigorous data and hypothesis driven approach to achieve results
- 3-5 years of experience with digital customer acquisition marketing in a complex, programmatic/automated environment
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills to understand what data is needed, get it, and develop insights
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver them on time and on budget
- Comfort working in a dynamic, fast paced growth environment
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize and think both strategically and tactically
- Self-starter that is naturally curious and eager to learn
- Experience working with product and engineering teams on automated marketing solutions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bluecrew at a glance
Bluecrew focuses on Recruiting, Temporary Staffing, Human Resources, and Staffing Firms. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Chicago, and Eugene. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Bluecrew has raised $16.7M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2018.