Bluecrew is helping you earn top pay for the jobs that fit your life
Senior Marketing Manager - Engagement & Retention
Recognized by Fast Company as one of the world’s most innovative companies, Bluecrew is a W-2 technology platform that makes it easy to hire and manage a flexible workforce—from on-demand to long-term. Employers get instant access to pre-screened workers, and workers get to choose jobs that fit their life with the benefits and protections they deserve.
Founded in 2015, Bluecrew is disrupting the traditional staffing model (an industry worth $130 billion which is almost exclusively offline) with a mobile-first platform that offers workers control, flexibility, and protection, while instantly connecting them to high quality, short and long-term employment opportunities. Unlike gig economy platforms, all hourly workers (we call them Crew Members) are W-2 employees of Bluecrew, receiving benefits and protections like minimum wage, overtime, sick pay, and workers' compensation. Bluecrew has offices in Chicago and Seattle with a presence in markets nationwide and is owned and operated by IAC.
Bluecrew’s Marketing team is looking for an experienced, analytical, growth-minded marketer to own the strategic development and scaling of our “user” engagement and retention programs, which for Bluecrew means developing strategies that increase the lifetime value of our Crew Members. At its core, this role is focused on B2C engagement and retention.
In this role you’ll end to end own, define, and build retention and engagement strategies for our Crew Members, set goals, partner both internally and externally to execute them, and manage to results. Our engagement and retention strategies will cover a variety of things - multichannel lifecycle communication programs in email/text/in-app, a loyalty program, gamification, perks, social community features, and more.
The marketing team at Bluecrew is leading a digital revolution in an industry that is still being run offline with old school tactics and you will be a driving force on the team that wants to change the way hourly workers find jobs. This is a results-oriented role where you’d be owning and developing strategic programs with a data-first approach, executing, and nimbly iterating with a strong test-and-learn mentality to hit key goals and metrics. We are looking for a player coach who has deep subject matter expertise in the area.
- Own strategy, execution, and results evaluation of Crew Member engagement and retention marketing programs, including multichannel lifecycle communications, a loyalty program, Crew Member perks, Crew Member retention incentives, and social community programs
- Increase Crew Member lifetime value by developing new engagement and retention programs
- Manage external relationships with marketing vendors
- Work cross functionally to execute programs and ensure a consistent, high quality Crew Member experience
- Analyze campaign and Crew Member data to understand marketing effectiveness, understand Crew Member needs, report on results, and develop actionable insights
- Work with the product and engineering teams to ensure the in-app experience supports retention and engagement programs and to automate manual tasks for execution
- Design, manage, and report on tests with a rigorous data and hypothesis driven approach to achieve results
- 7+ years of experience developing and executing B2C customer engagement and retention programs, including multichannel customer lifecycle communications
- Understanding of email and mobile marketing operations, tech, and testing techniques and platforms
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills to understand what data is needed, get it, and develop insights
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver them on time and on budget
- A customer first mindset that is focused on understanding customer needs and creating a consistent, delightful customer experience
- You thrive working in a dynamic, fast paced growth environment and are comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize and think both strategically and tactically
- You are a self-starter who is relentlessly resourceful. When something needs to get done, you always find a way to make it happen. Even when the work is hard, you have the drive to work through it
- Experience working with product and engineering teams
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bluecrew at a glance
Bluecrew focuses on Recruiting, Temporary Staffing, Human Resources, and Staffing Firms. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Chicago, and Eugene. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Bluecrew has raised $16.7M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2018.