Freight Tech / Port Operations
Lead Full-Stack Engineer$140k – $170k
BlueCargo provides real-time information for trucking companies that move cargo from marine ports to first warehouses. We are building a platform that will be a one-stop shop for truckers to dispatch, schedule their workload and move containers efficiently
Our startup was founded by two female entrepreneurs, graduated from Y Combinator (2018 batch), and has raised a 4 million seed round. We are at the beginning of an exciting growth phase where we have already developed product-market fit, a working platform, and hundreds of daily active users. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to grow the team and deliver a product to bring us to the next level.
If working to bring technology to the logistics industry sounds exciting, then we’d like to connect with you! We are looking for a highly experienced professional who has created several full stack web applications and has experience with AWS.
Our current tech:
- Stack: Python/Django (Backend), React/JS (Frontend), AWS services (Lambda, RDS, S3), PostgreSQL (Database), Node-Red, CircleCI and other continuous integration tools
- Team: 3 engineers
WHO ARE YOU
- Have built several full stack python web projects (5+ years of experience)
- Experience with agile development
- Know how to set up continuous integration pipelines and increase the speed and safety of code development
- Experience with cloud technologies, especially AWS
- Very comfortable with Postgres or another relational database
- Either living in Los Angeles or willing to relocate to LA
- Able to mentor/work with a team of other smart, energetic engineers
- Preferably with prior experience in a high-velocity startup environment
- Salary: 140k - 170k (depending on seniority level)
- Perks: Medical benefits + unlimited PTO
- Fun perks: flexible and international environment, cool off-sites
- Support/Community: Enjoy being a member of a Y Combinator company!
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet your team
BlueCargo (YC S18) at a glance
BlueCargo (YC S18) focuses on Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Logistics Software, Maritime Entrepreneurship, and Logistics / Transportation / Shipping. Their company has offices in Los Angeles. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.