Creating technology solutions for good
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test$120k – $130k
We’re here to create a safer, happier and more mindful future for all with the help of data science, engineering, design, and mobile technology. We're starting by reinventing insurance, by rethinking the technologies that enable it, but our true goal is to build a platform that rewards people for driving well — creating safer roads with fewer accidents in the process.
Backed by impressive funding, we're poised to re-engineer a trillion-dollar category, and that’s just the beginning. We’re using rich customer insights, advanced technology and data science to build our cloud-native InsurTech solution, and other things we haven’t even dreamt up yet. We're out to change behavior and promote mindful living at a societal level. But the key to us being successful in our mission isn’t just about nailing the technology—it’s about hiring the talented people who can help us make a quantifiable impact in the world. We’re growing our world-class team, and that’s where you come in.
BlueOwl is seeking SDET (Software Developer Engineer in Test) who would be responsible for test automation of mobile and backend services. Our stack consists of Appium, UIAutomator, JAVA, RestAssured, Python, but we are also open for new testing tools to continuously improve our test coverage.
- Responsible for test creation, testing a large module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area
- Develop scalable and robust test automation frameworks and scripts
- Design and develop integration, regression, and performance tests using industry standard tools
- Research new or better alternate automated testing tools
- Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business
- Demonstrates clarity of thinking and design end to end test scenarios to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
- Lead software quality engineering discussions in a detailed manner and mentors other quality engineers.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong programming and scripting skills
- 4-5 years of related practical experience
- Experience in integrating testing artifacts with CI/CD pipeline
- Qualified with one or more of the following:
- Expertise in Backend/API testing. Knowledge of GOLang, Linux, databases/SQL/Postgresql, shell scripting is preferred
- Proficient in Building automated scalable framework for mobile applications using Appium and Python for iOS and Android. Knowledge of XCode is a plus
- Strong experience in designing front end automated solutions and framework. Extensive knowledge in Python with POM based BDD Framework
- Expertise in P&C Claim domain and Guidewire as a QA. Able to see through scenarios for end to end Claim lifecycle.
- P&C Insurance domain knowledge
- Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
- Desire to automate everything and reduce the time required to manually test products
- Expert in breaking down problems and identify scenarios to provide end to end test coverage
- Able to work under minimal supervision and quick to adopt new technologies
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
- Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity.
- Salary: ($160k - $200k) We invest in first-rate people and pay top-of-market salaries for most positions, factoring in experience and talent. We are unable to offer equity.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), wellness reimbursement, four weeks of vacation + six weeks of parental leave, and great work-life balance. Plus on-site shower and bike stalls, and panoramic views of San Francisco.
- Location near Montgomery BART station in the financial district.
- Location: San Francisco, CA
All are welcome at Blue Owl. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer who values diversity and inclusion and looks for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.