Online marketplace disrupting the multi-billion dollar retail floral industry
Promenade is looking for a Product Manager to grow and scale a full product suite in an emerging industry vertical.
Promenade seeks a seasoned leader who can invest deep passion and customer empathy to breakthrough into an emerging industry. The Product Manager will work closely with stakeholders, designers, and engineers to drive the growth of a new product. They will work with leadership to strategically prioritize and continuously improve the product. This role will have the opportunity to spearhead many initiatives including branding, marketing, and technical innovation all with a laser focus on business growth.
Your Day to Day
- Ownership of full product lifecycle from conception through delivery and adoption
- Ownership of a roadmap; set priorities to drive customer adoption and business growth
- Create, maintain and prioritize user stories to deliver strong business outcomes
- Work together with developers, designers, and product teammates to manage product development and releases
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to develop a deep understanding of the customer, their habits, and their needs
- Apply SEO best practices such as content and meta-data optimization and SEO-friendly site architecture to improve SERP rankings and drive traffic
- Support strategic discussions on the future direction of the product and user experience
- Perform competitive research and analysis across industry
- Operate both independently and as part of a broader team; juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment
- 3 - 5 years demonstrated product management or product owner work experience in an Agile environment
- Experience successfully building products and driving customer growth, preferably in ecommerce
- Comfortable drafting detailed documentation, from user stories to consumer tutorials
- A strong written and oral communicator who is able to speak to team members of all levelsGrowth mentality; be continuously identifying opportunities
- Defined, executed, and delivered SaaS enterprise products a plus
- Experience working with ecommerce platforms, such as Solidus or Spree a plus
- Comfortable with Jira and Google Analytics a plus
What's In It For You
- Equity/Stock options in a profitable and rapidly growing company
- Great Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Tons of growth opportunities, with the ability to make an immediate impact and mold a career in tech
- Generous holiday, vacation and sick time.
- Company provided gear & swag (MacBook Pro, t-shirt, sunglasses, etc.)
- Work in a fast-paced, fun environment with an eclectic, collaborative and dedicated group of people from all over the world
More about us!
Promenade focuses on crafting tailored solutions for individual business sectors to help businesses grow and thrive online. Whether for a local flower shop or a pizzeria, Promenade uses cutting edge technology to bring businesses directly to people’s phones, tablets, and computer screens. Promenade, originally known as BloomNation, set out in 2011 to create the nation’s premier network for local florists to list, display, and send their unique, handcrafted bouquets to customers across the country. BloomNation’s online marketplace went on to disrupt the multi-billion dollar retail floral industry and dramatically changed the way flowers are bought and sent online. Promenade leverages this experience and expertise to help local businesses in other industry verticals thrive online.r
Backed by premier industry investors such as Andreessen Horowitz (AirBnB, Box, Facebook, Lyft, Twitter, etc.), Spark Capital (Tumblr, Upworthy, Warby Parker, etc.), and Crunch Fund (Square, Uber, etc.)
Named one of Entrepreneur’s “5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch”
Located one block away from the beach on the world famous 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica
Why join Promenade?
We are still early enough that equity matters... a lot… Promenade has become a hub for Silicon Beach's top talent and we are in the process of scaling our still small (~50 person) team to it’s full potential. Come join us if you are an entrepreneur at heart and want to be a leader in your area of expertise.
If you are passionate, eager, and ready to learn, you will thrive here!
Health, Dental, and Vision
Promenade Group at a glance
Promenade Group focuses on SaaS, E-Commerce, Retail, Small and Medium Businesses, and Flowers. Their company has offices in Los Angeles and Santa Monica. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Promenade Group has raised $7.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014.