Online marketplace disrupting the multi-billion dollar retail floral industry
Senior Platform Engineer
We are looking for a senior platform engineer to join our development team. You will work to build out an entire ecosystem for our suite of B2B enterprise florist tools as well as create features and functionality for our online floral marketplace, BloomNation.com, with more than 3,000 florists across the country. As our team grows you will help to architect the future of technology for our company.
- This role will focus on our Magento LAMP stack, adding new features and assisting with deployments
- Architect and implement solutions for our premium site (saas), marketplace and dashboard applications.
- Implemenation of our REST APIs which will power our next generation front end applications.
- Mentor other engineers on best practices via pair programming sessions.
- Work with product and engineering teams during agile lifecycle to deliver both engineering and product feature sets.
- Advise on best practices and ensuring the highest quality of engineering solutions through code reviews.
- Advanced knowledge of Magento eCommerce Platform (CE)
- Advanced knowledge of PHP, Zend Framework
- Advanced understanding of relational (MYSQL) and noSQL persistence layers.
- Understanding of distributed caching using Redis or Memcached.
- Comfortable working in team environmentusing best practices and tools. We currently use Git/Github for source control, Jira for Story tracking and Travis for CI, we strive for TDD.
- Succinct communicator with the ability to fully explain technical problems and their solutions
- An upbeat attitude - every problem has a solution
Nice to Haves
- Experience with search platform such as ElasticSearch
- Working knowledge of AWS (EC2, ElasticCache, RDS, SQS, Route 53, AMIs, VPCs, CloudFront, security)
- A degree in Computer Science or related field
Whats in it for you
- Very competitive compensation plan
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Health, Vision & Dental
- Opportunity for career advancement.
- A brand new office on the 3rd street promenade, one block away from the ocean.
- Fully stocked snack bar & weekly catered lunches.
- Ability to mold your career and make an immediate direct impact.
- Working in a fast-paced, fun environment with an eclectic group of people from all over the country (and world).
More about us!
Promenade focuses on crafting tailored solutions for individual business sectors to help businesses grow and thrive online. Whether for a local flower shop or a pizzeria, Promenade uses cutting edge technology to bring businesses directly to people’s phones, tablets, and computer screens. Promenade, originally known as BloomNation, set out in 2011 to create the nation’s premier network for local florists to list, display, and send their unique, handcrafted bouquets to customers across the country. BloomNation’s online marketplace went on to disrupt the multi-billion dollar retail floral industry and dramatically changed the way flowers are bought and sent online. Promenade leverages this experience and expertise to help local businesses in other industry verticals thrive online.r
Backed by premier industry investors such as Andreessen Horowitz (AirBnB, Box, Facebook, Lyft, Twitter, etc.), Spark Capital (Tumblr, Upworthy, Warby Parker, etc.), and Crunch Fund (Square, Uber, etc.)
Named one of Entrepreneur’s “5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch”
Located one block away from the beach on the world famous 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica
Why join Promenade?
We are still early enough that equity matters... a lot… Promenade has become a hub for Silicon Beach's top talent and we are in the process of scaling our still small (~50 person) team to it’s full potential. Come join us if you are an entrepreneur at heart and want to be a leader in your area of expertise.
If you are passionate, eager, and ready to learn, you will thrive here!
Health, Dental, and Vision
Promenade Group at a glance
Promenade Group focuses on SaaS, E-Commerce, Retail, Small and Medium Businesses, and Flowers. Their company has offices in Los Angeles and Santa Monica. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Promenade Group has raised $7.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014.