Online marketplace disrupting the multi-billion dollar retail floral industry
Sales Executive - Los Angeles, CA
Promenade is a platform that helps independent business owners thrive in the world of e-commerce. We've built an entire eco-system that helps empower local shops and levels the playing field against the large online brokers.
We own and operate three distinct brands - BloomNation, Dig-In and Swigg - each providing unique tools and services to the industries they service.
Our mission is to empower these small businesses with the tool to gain and keep online customers. Promenade functions as an incubator for top talent in Silicon Beach, and we are now expanding our team both in Santa Monica as well as in various markets across the U.S. Employees come to Promenade seeking change and an opportunity to kickstart their career in Tech & Entrepreneurship.
The Promenade sales team is scaling rapidly! We are looking for competitive, coachable, and incredibly tenacious sales executives who are not only true sales professionals, but who can bring unique value to our rapidly growing team.
As a results-driven sales executive, you will actively call on new clients and boost company revenue through customer acquisition. Joining our new field sales organization will give you the opportunity to apply your skill-set as you build and sustain customer growth through territory management, daily prospecting and running product demonstrations with small business owners who fit our ideal customer profile.
You'll also focus on building a strong referral network of both clients and vendors, and will join a collaborative team of sales professionals who support each other and create a friendly, competitive, and winning team culture.
While our HQ is based in Santa Monica, CA (aka Silicon Beach), this role will be remote-based and expected to conduct in-person sales presentations across all of our product lines within the assigned market.
More specifically, you will be:
- Build a pipeline of prospects and manage the sales stages from initiate to close.
- Lead efforts to grow the Promenade market share and presence amongst restaurant brands, beverage suppliers, convenience stores and florists, focused on SMB sized accounts.
- Successfully cultivate relationships at the owner level through research, cold-calling, channel partnerships and professional networking which lead to a qualified pipeline of prospects.
- Leverage your existing external relationships in our categories and your network to generate sales leads for the territory.
- Responsible for managing demand and quickly “qualifying” opportunities with a defined territory.
- Meet and exceed monthly sales booking and revenue quotas.
- Plan, direct and record sales activities, including management of the sales pipeline using our tech stack - Salesforce, SalesLoft, ChiliPiper, etc.
- Involved in all phases of the sales lifecycle including: identifying and developing leads; meeting with clients; developing value propositions; financial deal structuring; contract negotiation and closing.
- Share industry, deal, and sales “best practice” knowledge with other members of the sales team.
- Understand the competitive landscape (strengths, weaknesses, features/benefits) and determine the unique value Promenade's brands deliver.
- Must collaborate with the Implementation team to ensure that expectations set during the sales process are met in onboarding and post-launch.
- Work with the Sales Manager to effectively identify opportunities for market growth.
What's in it for you:
- Plenty of room for growth as we scale each existing brand...and a few new ones in the coming months!
- Equity/Stock options in a profitable and rapidly growing company
- Great Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Generous PTO and Sick-Time Policy. Use it - sales is a mental sport and you need to recharge!
- Transportation support in the form of generous mileage reimbursement
- Communication support in the form
- Fully stocked snack bar & weekly catered lunches
- Company provided gear & swag (MacBook Pro, t-shirt, sunglasses, etc.)
- Ability to mold your career and make an immediate impact to the company
- Work in a fast-paced, fun environment with an eclectic group of people from all over the world
If the following describes YOU, please apply!
- 3+ years in a high volume, in-person, net new sales role
- Experience hunting and closing new business
- A proven sales process and track record of exceeding quota
- Openness and willingness to be coached and mentored
- A desire to be creative with your sales process and outreach
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with a full outside sales (in-person) selling environment.
You will excel if you have:
- Sales experience and contacts in the Restaurant, Alcohol, Beverage, Convenience or Floral Industry.
- An analytically minded approach with a deep understanding of forecasting & data-driven decision making.
- Proven success in selling/leading sales efforts in environments with short sales cycles, <30 days.
- You have proven skills in complex deal development, financial structuring, negotiations and closing with new and existing clients.
- You’re comfortable with process driven sales, reporting and tracking.
- You have strong written and presentation based communication skills
- You are knowledgeable of the online ordering and strategy competitive landscape
- You’re comfortable with potential travel of up to 30%
More about us!
Promenade is a tech company that is disrupting several multi-billion dollar industries, including the Floral, Restaurant and Beverage industries - with more to come!
In 2011, we set out to create the nation's premier network for local businesses to run a successful online E-Commerce business in the floral industry.
We have since built industry leading software solutions and e-commerce sites that have helped boost our customers' online revenue by an average of 30% in the first year. In the same way you have seen Uber and AirBnB change consumer behavior, BloomNation has already dramatically changed the way flowers are bought and sent online, and that's just the beginning.
In 2020 we are planning to continue to launch new verticals and create incredible growth opportunities for our business, customers and team members.
Backed by premier industry investors such as Andreessen Horowitz (AirBnB, Box, Facebook, Lyft, Twitter, etc.), Spark Capital (Tumblr, Upworthy, Warby Parker, etc.), and Crunch Fund (Square, Uber, etc.)
Named one of BuiltInLA's "Best Startups to Work For" in 2019
Named one of Entrepreneur’s “5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch”
Located one block away from the beach on the world famous 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica
Why join Promenade?
We are still early enough that equity matters... a lot.
Promenade (BloomNation) has become a hub for Silicon Beach's top talent and we are in the process of scaling our still small (~50 person) team to it’s full potential. Come join us if you are an entrepreneur at heart and want to be a leader in your area of expertise.
If you are passionate, eager, and ready to learn, you will thrive here!
Health, Dental, and Vision
Promenade Group at a glance
Promenade Group focuses on SaaS, E-Commerce, Retail, Small and Medium Businesses, and Flowers. Their company has offices in Los Angeles and Santa Monica. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Promenade Group has raised $7.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014.