Controls Engineer Industrial Automation PLC Programming (2 yrs req)$60k – $90k • 0.2% – 2.0%
Who are we?
Bloom Automation Inc. is a Boston-based automation and robotics firm catering to the agricultural industry. We are combining computer vision software with smart mechanics to automate tedious aspects of the Cannabis industry.
Who are you?
We are looking for an adventurous individual who desires to work in the fast-paced world of start-ups and has an excellent skill set to offer a growing robotics company. This person is not afraid to be on the cutting-edge innovation in agriculture. At Bloom Automation, our mission is to create new business opportunities in the booming cannabis industry.
• Live in the Greater-Boston area or willingness to relocate to the Greater-Boston area
• Have 2-3 years of relevant job experience
• PLC programming in 1: ANSI C, Structured Text or Ladder Logic for B&R (ABB) PLC or similar systems (Structured Text preferred)
• PLC configuration with B&R Automation Studio 4.5.2 or similar IDE
• PLC troubleshooting motion functions and scripts
• Programming concepts basics for example able to read and comprehend Python or C++
• HMI troubleshooting and maintenance experience
• Experience handling Industrial protocols like Modbus, Powerlink, or equivalent for PLC communication
• Understanding of automation control techniques
• Industrial Automation experience or similar
• Able to work in a fast paced, small company, startup environment.
• Project management skills to keep track of your own deliverables
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to communicate with and manage outside resources (contractors, vendors, etc...) to collaborate on projects
Also please consider checking out our website to get a better understanding of our company and product!
Bloom Automation at a glance
Bloom Automation focuses on Robotics, Agriculture, Software Engineering, and Marijuana. Their company has offices in Boston, Massachusetts, and Woburn. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.